La Liga | Round 32: FC Barcelona - Cadiz (0-1)

Sooke

Team looks confused. They have no idea what to do.

We could've played for 2 more hours, and we wouldn't have scored. We need a top striker, new wingers and full backs (and obviously center backs) so badly.

They have no idea what to do... Yes. That is 100% true. And I blame Xavi's tiki-taka system for that.

Besides the positions you have mentioned, we need at least one quality PLAY-MAKER to create chances for goal. Pedri, Gavi and FDJ are not capable of doing that.

JamDav1982

Same type of problems Barca had in the late Guardiola-Vilanova-Martino era. Teams allows Barca to have lots of meaningless possession and then get a counterattack goal. Xavi was also the main man in the midfield back then too.

It is often meaningless as Barca players are far too far apart and not going to dominate ball in numbers.

Xavi is obsessed with positional play and covering whole park with players in set areas.

Result is one dimensional v teams that are sitting when dont score first.

There is very little combination play in midfield or in the wide areas with full backs/wide players.

Looks decent v teams that attack and come out when hit the front three early. Other than that are praying a cross finds its man too often.

Blinkfloyd

Oof. Not good for my heart. Why does Xavi think Memphis is better than LDJ.
LDJ is the much smarter player. So many crosses and no runs by Memphis.

Looking at this match we can clearly see Frankfurt match was not a freak accident.

It is quite clear there are no replacements for Pique, Busquets yet.
Gavi passing is not incisive. I don?t think we have won games with Gavi starting which is a worrying stat.

FDJ had a bad game.

Dest and Dembele were very bright. Unfortunately Xavi bought LDJ on too late to make use of that little quality we had on the pitch.

Wizzbar

New signing
Let me to adress great XAVI...thank you for bringing "new life" in Barca since you came in...thank you for Atletico, Sevilla, Real etc ..thank you for Adama, Aube...But FUCK YOU for every minute you giving to Torres and Garcia, FUCK YOU for every time when you bring in LDJ in last minute to save you ass and hoping for miracle but Torres stays in always and forever, and Eric is almost always there...Don't be smartass and make as all imbecils and making exuses about them and how "great workers" they are and blah, blah, blah...Half of those players don't deserve to wear this holy shirt...HALF. And what kind of mentality is that, when 90+ percent of all Barca fans KNOW it's gonna be fucking drama every time we face Levante, Cadiz, Alaves or any of those "no name" teams (respect) Whose job is to fix that sick mentality if not yours??? I don't wanna be in fear and pain any time we face those games. And Busquets...moron and con-artist who never did anything great for this team. Fake "star" with great sence of passing the ball to nearest player and that's where his knowledge ends. and I will never, ever be able to understand how came that this creep became untouchable...Torres, the most uselles player in history of the game, Eric Garcia is fucking tourist, so pathetic, so weak in every aspect it's almost unbelievable...Alba, one game ok, three next ones tragedy. Tell me Xavi how many chances players need to prove to you they are FLOPS. No respect for you COACH, after all. Not anymore... Because, I think you are blind or ignorant or whatever it is, it's just too much for tooo long about four-five players and no exuses anymore...enough is enough

Last edited:

Birdy

Missed the game.
Saw 0-1 and the highlights.

It looks XAvi played an ineffective 4-3-3 yet again, and throwed in 3 attackers at the end for crosses in the box?
How accurate is that description?

Joan

Missed the game.
Saw 0-1 and the highlights.

It looks XAvi played an ineffective 4-3-3 yet again, and throwed in 3 attackers at the end for crosses in the box?
How accurate is that description?

Spot on.

Masetro10

I'll say this once. I never thought Koeman was a very good coach in any way but he had way less at his disposal than Xavi did and I think comparing this game to Koemans is just showing that Xavi has the same problems as everyone before him.

They have to play a certain way. They always are saying that. That gives every team a blueprint in beating Barca before the game starts. Forget "having to play the Barca way" and think about winning. Teams will let Barca have 70% all day they don't care. Also if you know a team is sitting back all game get tall striker into the game this is not rocket science. If you are going to play a super high line you need very fast defenders and CDM. We don't. Like come on these are pros. Why can I see what they cannot?

Gaudi

I'll say this once. I never thought Koeman was a very good coach in any way but he had way less at his disposal than Xavi did and I think comparing this game to Koemans is just showing that Xavi has the same problems as everyone before him.

They have to play a certain way. They always are saying that. That gives every team a blueprint in beating Barca before the game starts. Forget "having to play the Barca way" and think about winning. Teams will let Barca have 70% all day they don't care. Also if you know a team is sitting back all game get tall striker into the game this is not rocket science. If you are going to play a super high line you need very fast defenders and CDM. We don't. Like come on these are pros. Why can I see what they cannot?

I agree, for example Pep's team cross a lot. Of course, when everyone knows how you'll play they park bus and wait, but there is space on the sides. Yesterday we had many dangerous crosses but almost noone attacking the box, of course we didn't create to much. Once you score, game opens up, then you get more space to do certain things, but we can't break any bus wtihout attacking the box.
L'pool had a lot of problem with AM, but they stayed concantreted and won at the and, we, on the other hand, can't penatrete Eintracht or Cadiz. It's no rocket science, if you attack the box you increase chances of scorring, if you score game changes!

Catta

Not even sad that we lost. As long as the corpse and rest of the amigos play, we don't deserve better.

Sooke

No. It isn't, but that is also meaningless as you have mentioned. Dembele stays isolated on the touchline and just throw crosses to the box with no one there in red and blue, who can convert them into goals. I was talking about these countless passes at the middle of the pitch and returning the ball from the centerline to our CB's or MATS, just to keep it in our possession.

Sooke

Opps!
Garcia is not there he is at the back. Luuk is not there also he is on the bench. And Torres and Aubameyang cannot convert even 20-25% of these crosses from Dembouz.
At least 50 % of the time of our trainings is that tiki-taka I am talking about. As JamDav1982 has mentioned above, Xavi is obsessed with positional play, but he does not realize that it won't bring us any success with the players we have.

Home of Barca Fans