Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi replacement v3

• Conceição

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Márquez

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ajnotkeith

De Zerbi is a risk but it does not seem either like the club has many options.
For those who like Tuchel, he might be sacked at the end of the season, and said something about wanting to come to Spain, so its possible he wants the job.

Never been down my street but I would imagine he is a possibility.

Messi983

Tuchel will probably want too much power Laporta won't be willing to give to him, especially after what happened with Xavi.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Everyone bar Klopp is a bit of a risk, but there are far better risks than De Zerbi that the club should take.

Gallardo, Slot, Amorim, Spagletti are the options I would prefer to Arteta, Tuchel, Flick, De Zerbi, Nagelsmann, Mourinho.

The first 4 managers are managers who did great in their present/last job. The next 5 are, in my opinion, managers who have done poorly, in their last jobs.

Not rocket science.

Messi983

De Zerbi has 4 wins in his last 18 league games. Would've been hounded out in this forum 10 games ago with that record.

True.

But tbf he had to deal with ton of injuries and also missed players like Mitoma and Adingra who were away on international duty (Asian Cup, AFCON) for almost whole January.

fergus90

True.

But tbf he had to deal with ton of injuries and also missed players like Mitoma and Adingra who were away on international duty (Asian Cup, AFCON) for almost whole January.
I like him as a coach but the margin of error he's afforded at Brighton, Sassuolo etc and the tendency to rotate sides a lot will not be tolerated at Barca where the possibility of finishing 3rd is considered a crisis.

BJJ

Can someone explain why Flick is a fraud?
He won all 6 trophies during the year. The same as our legendary team.
Before that Bayern were up and down under whatever his name is.
I get that some people don't want him here but he is far from being a fraud.

FC B

Everyone bar Klopp is a bit of a risk, but there are far better risks than De Zerbi that the club should take.

Gallardo, Slot, Amorim, Spagletti are the options I would prefer to Arteta, Tuchel, Flick, De Zerbi, Nagelsmann, Mourinho.

The first 4 managers are managers who did great in their present/last job. The next 5 are, in my opinion, managers who have done poorly, in their last jobs.

Not rocket science.
Mourinho? :lol:

BJJ

I like De Zerbi alot but managing Brighton and managing Barca are completely different. At Brighton he's fully supported while at Barca every small thing is magnified and politicised . He'd struggle here.

Windhook

SPORT theorize that Rafa Marquez will be the next coach. The idea behind it - appointing Klopp in 2025/26. A transitional year ahead.

Yesterday I read some tabloid titles that Klopp has bought a house in Mallorca. It all makes sense, he'll learn some Spanish in the meantime and take the Real Madrid job after Ancelotti :papaperez:

Last edited:

FC B

Well Mallorca is closer to Barcelona than Madrid :lol:

Rumors of him buying a house there are old now. The thing is pretty much almost every other serious club would fight to have Klopp from 2025 or whenever his sabbatical will came to an end.

Read a former player of his, back in the day he was at Mainz, recalled Klopp wanted to train Bayern one day.

It will be extremely difficult to convince him to come to Barcelona especially in such state the club is atm.

Mrgandalf

Curious member
You dear ones are constantly talking about “risking” on this coach and that coach without considering that specifically in this period of time we cannot and should not make risky choices. If it was another time, why not, Di Zerbi or Michel or Alguacil would be good choices. But now we are on the edge of a cliff and the only lever that gives us a chance of salvation for the next decade is the young generation that we have and coincidentally came together. We have a lot to lose and now is not a good time for risky choices. But I admit that if we gambled and won, then the sweetness of victory would be multiplied.

Reactions: BJJ

Home of Barca Fans