Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

CatalinR10

companyofcules

Great goal but when I read this sectarian kids with "vintage" Messi while he barely runs it makes me laugh. 😅
Most of them didn't get Messi in prime. I think he would have scored 10 goals a game against those amateur muricans.

companyofcules

He is finished, when he tried to play his Barca game in the first half he failed, then he tried a more composed style that worked somehow but that is not Messi.
Anyway playing with pub players and age gets you in the end.
He should go to Argentina or France if he wants to be relevant in the WC. He needs the struggle.

companyofcules

Anyway, for me is painful to watch this delapidated Messi after I watched him in God mode. When he won them that first cup he was still Messi, but now he seems way out of his style, form, grit. That was a bit evident in Copa too. France made him stronger being so hostile, MLS ruined him in my opinion.
Doesn't matter anymore but I can't get people watching a washed up Messi and claiming "vintage".
They are like the Penaldo bots, brainless.

Andresito

Staff member
He is finished, when he tried to play his Barca game in the first half he failed, then he tried a more composed style that worked somehow but that is not Messi.
Anyway playing with pub players and age gets you in the end.
He should go to Argentina or France if he wants to be relevant in the WC. He needs the struggle.
He's 37 and won everything there is to win. Now he's chilling in a Mickey Mouse league playing with his amigos in a good city for his family.

He got nothing to prove dawg. Of course he is finished.

companyofcules

He's 37 and won everything there is to win. Now he's chilling in a Mickey Mouse league playing with his amigos in a good city for his family.

He got nothing to prove dawg. Of course he is finished.
I get it.
But I can barely watch his games out of respect and I don't get why this kids are so worked up. He would have machinegunned that league in his prime. I would have bet my life he would have scored like 3 getafe goals a game, 4 tap ins at least.
Anyway, my point is about him being hipped for the WC. But he needs real competition and at this moment he is in a form that would tarnish his image if he would play.

Messi983

It is a real trophy and recognised. Not the biggest one, still a trophy nevertheless.

Yeah it is but this season will be ultimately considered a failure if they won't win the MLS Cup.

We are clearly seeing things different but for Americans results in regular season don't mean much. They only care who wins the big trophy in the end. It's like giving the 2007 Patriots a trophy for being undefeated in the regular season despite them then losing a Super Bowl.

Probably the only reason they've created Supporters shield (as is evident from it's name it was created by the fans not the league) is to make "soccer" look like football in other parts of the world where (regular) league standings is what really matters.

As a Seattle Sounders fan I didn't really care when we won the Supporters Shield in 2014 when we then lost on the away goals rule in the Western Conference final against LA Galaxy. And it's still our only SS but we won two MLS Cups since then.

Home of Barca Fans