Lliga: UD Almería - FC Barcelona 1-2

DennyCrane

[...] Tata. Should have given him another season.

Or a proper preseason. Or give him leeway for meaningful transfers. Or any kind of support from the top-floor. Or respect the style he prefers and let him pursue his own idea of football instead of braking his back and kicking him out the door. Or give him some proper respect for equalling the point total of the 08/09 season. The press could have also stopped to act as the boards glove puppet and shit on him any given opportunity like that one time we lost posession to Rayo or for playing counter-attacks - and then shit on him again when he switched to the alibi-posession-play to please the masses from January onward and the results spiraled downward.

But that is Barca 2014: Kick the Bielsista out the door and hire the ex-player because Barca-DNA in a vain attempt to replicate the Barca Wonder Years.

Schumi

Or a proper preseason. Or give him leeway for meaningful transfers. Or any kind of support from the top-floor. Or respect the style he prefers and let him pursue his own idea of football instead of braking his back and kicking him out the door. Or give him some proper respect for equalling the point total of the 08/09 season. The press could have also stopped to act as the boards glove puppet and shit on him any given opportunity like that one time we lost posession to Rayo or for playing counter-attacks - and then shit on him again when he switched to the alibi-posession-play to please the masses from January onward and the results spiraled downward.

But that is Barca 2014: Kick the Bielsista out the door and hire the ex-player because Barca-DNA in a vain attempt to replicate the Barca Wonder Years.

Agree with everything you say there. :lol: And that game against Rayo, I think we won 1-5. And still so many people went full retard and complained that we had too little possession.

And everyone went on and on about how shit we were last season, conveniently forgetting that Messi and Neymar were injured most of the time.

On another note, it is interesting to see what the bookmakers odds are for the respective favorites in the European leagues.

Spain: Real Madrid 1.52
England: Chelsea 1.22
Germany: Bayern Munich 1.04
Italy: Juventus 1.62
France: PSG 1.25

Another thing to consider, if we are going to have any chance of winning the title, is how many points we can expect Real Madrid to amass by season's end. Here are the point hauls since 08/09:

2008/09: 78
2009/10: 96
2010/11: 92
2011/12: 100
2012/13: 85
2013/14: 87

They have dropped 6 points so far this season out of 33 which means they are on track to finish with around 93/94 points. Their 5-year moving average is 92 points.

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Didn't watch the game today but based on what everyone is saying, and even the media's reaction, Lucho has completely lost control of the team and it's only November! We honestly look as bad as we did in La Liga last year after we were knocked out of CL.

What's most frustrating now is last season it looked like it was more on the players for not accepting and adapting the changes from Tata but now it's the opposite. We simply shouldn't be struggling this bad with the quality we have and the fact that Lucho still hasn't figured out things like Masch as the starting DM, phasing Alves out, organizating the MF better to create cohesiveness in the midfield, not relying on Rakitic to control possession, it's common sense that we all see.

Like Xavi had a sit down with Tata after the Rayo game, either him, Messi, Puyol, someone needs to communicate that he needs to rethink where we are headed. We are regressing instead of progressing and the most frustrating part for me is that it takes just a few simple alterations to get this team firing again. If over 65% of the people on here can identify the key issues right now, I simply don't understand how Lucho can't see what we see.

Devils

The only thing bout that is Tata was an open-minded individual who was open to listening.

Lucho on the other hand seems like the guy who is hell-bent on doing things his way, he even said that he wont change his ways despite how many times the team loses. He doesn't have a clue about what he s doing yet he refuses to acknowledge that his approach is wrong. It's a catastrophic approach.

Lucho at Barca = AVB at Chelsea = Moyes at United

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
I have never seen such poor positioning from a barcelona midfield and defence since the days of rikaard. Rafinha is Sh*t(are we allowed to swear here ?) he simply does not possess the quality to be a player for barcelona, clearly Thiago inherited all the footballing genes. Rakitic is OK but he can only thrives in a midfield where he has Help. Maybe a double pivot of busquets and mascherano could help him out. He can't multitask and marshall the midfield by himself. Pedro is really out of form and seems to have regressed, personally I think he peaked in 2010/2011 at 23 years old, he has lost a spark, he is afraid to take on players and shoot anymore. Dani Alves has totally lost it, and why is injury prone Adriano(who is really a leftback) his replacement, Why isn't Montoya getting minutes ? and why did we sign douglas ? he shoudn't even be on the B-team. The lack of depth in our team is painstakingly obvious. If Iniesta is injured his replacement is....rafinha..God help us. This board is still swimming in the clouds as if 2009 was last year, barcelona needs a total revamp. Messi alone cannot save us

King Leo

Banned
I never beleived that Lucho will be a success, but I think we've seen enough already. I'm maybe too crazy to say this but what the hell, retire Xavi and let him take over!

beogatts

watched tis game n i found that:
1) LE still with his rotation n no static starters - it may be kept goin like this coz i think thts wat hes goin to do this whole season until his expected gameplays r met. (probbly he has dealt abt it with the board to take this risk this season). i think same type of deal goes to the big team like man utd.

2) still not an aggressive team. if not mistaken, our opponents always got more fouls in most of the prev games. also, this team still dunt run much.

3) players still lack of fast decision n chemistry. kept having passes but lack of successful passes.

4) 2nd half players shuld be our starters this season, hope lucho saw it too.

5) ths team seriously need more training in crossings n throughpasses. the coaches shuld alredy start doin somethin.

6) the players: suarez and rafinha slowly gained more confident, rakitic was ok but no improvement, neymar still weak body contacts, messi i think this season he will be like normal player (he probbly needs one "slowdown" season to get rid of injury), xavi is still fine with his age, sergio needs more run, defenders were fine, pedro n munir were ok.

it looked like barca supporters in the away stadium were not as many anymore. lets lay more support.

Devils

Am I the only one that thinks Tata would've worked wonders with a healthy Messi, healthy and improved neymar, AND Suarez?

Well any coach with a ounce of tactical knowledge could work wonders with those three.

When it comes down to it, we are a WORLD CLASS team, and if we are being embarrassed by the likes of Celta and Almeria, something is terribly wrong. I know we haven't had the best past few years, but both Tata and Tito never made us worry like this, infact, they were very promising coaches at this point in their respective campaigns even with the shit board.

Regardless of the board, however, I don't think anyone can deny that we are playing WAY WAY below the standards of a world class team and that really boils down to Lucho.

Barcilliant

This is so true it isn't funny! Tata was given No support -either by the players or board.

Lucho has to go now. He is totally clueless.

hellsangel1

I just want to talk about the club as a whole now:

The board deserves the most blame for where Barcelona is today. Lucho deserves a lot of the blame as well but it is the board that hired him. The biggest blame that Lucho should get it is the fact that he has spent an enormous amount of money in the summer and yet this team is worse off than they were last season. The board first made a gamble by getting Tata Martino as a coach despite the fact that he had no experience in Europe and then gave him little backing. And then they replaced him with a bigger gamble when trying to recreate Pep magic and hired someone who hadn't shown at any time that he was ready for an elite and demanding club like Barcelona. I wasn't excited about the Enrique appointment but I wanted to wait to make my judgement but he hasn't shown anything so far to make me believe that he is the right man for the job.

Our midfield was already looking slow last season and Lucho's answer was to get Rakitic whereas Real Madrid went and signed Toni Kroos. The difference between the two players is night and day and Lucho trusted a well past-his-prime Xavi over his new signing in the Clasico. Barca have needed to strengthen the centre of defense for years now but look at the players he has bought: Vermalen, Mathieu and Douglas. Are these the type of players that are going to make a difference at a club like Barca????

Enrique has also shown that it's not just that he can't bring in the right players at the club but he can't get the most out of those that are already there. It's stupid to employ a player like Messi who has scored 400+ goals in his career to play so deep. At times I've seen Messi recieve the ball and there are 5 Barca players ahead of him. On more than a few times, I've seen him play on the wings. Whether it's because that's Messi's own decision or the coaches, but you're not going to get the best out of him there. There are very,very few players in the history of the game that could've scored the goals that Messi did while being given so little space. We saw what Cristiano did when he faced a parked bus in Liverpool at the Bernabeau. How many goals do you think Luis Suarez would've scored at Barca during the last 4 or 5 years??There are some idiots who bought in the whole anti-Messi propoganda that somehow he was the problem and the whole team played for him. If anything Xavi was just as,if not more, important to our system than Messi. Our system was based on a tiki-taka possession style footbal and not on one individuall. Leo was the most important part of a symphony but he wasn't the entire symphony itself. Messi was like the lead singer of a great band but this was not a one man show. There was an over-reliance on Messi for goals but he was the only player in the world that could consistently score against parked buses. We could have made the situation better by adding players that could've been a threat from crosses like Thomas Muller but we keep buying the same small prototypical Barca player and forcing teams to collapse the middle. And it's not necessarily Messi's fault that others couldn't chime in and help with the goals but like I said with the way Barca play and with the way teams defend against us it woud'vel be difficult for anybody. And anyways, even if Messi is playing deeper he needs to work harder off the ball and help out the other midfielders. His finishing has gone down but a lot of it is down to mindset. It's the same reason Cristiano misses on his passes so many times, his mentality is to shoot and score all the time and that's why it's difficult to all of a sudden turn into a playmaker when your mindset is tuned a certain way. Either you use Messi in which you can utilize his abilities or sell him and use that money to get 2 world class players. What i'm seeing right now is Messi playing Iniesta role and Iniesta playing Xavi's role as a more deep lying midfielder. And you're not getting the best out of either of them. Iniesta is a great player but he can't control and dictate the pace of a game like Xavi and he needs to play further forward. I remember watching the PSG game when Iniesta and Messi combined for the goal and wondering where the hell has that been and why haven't we seen more of that.

Anyways, Lucho deserves a lot of the blame but even if we were to get Guardiola tomorrow things still would be difficult. Pep wouldn't have a Puyol or Abidal at the back. Dani alves looks like he's washed up, Xavi is taking his last breaths as a Barca player, Iniesta isn't as dominant and Messi looks like he has aged 3 or 4 years since his muscle injuries (and probably also lacking in motivation). It's tough to stay at the top always and most knowledegable Barca fans were already dreading the day that Xavi would be out of the lineup because of his importance and unique abilities but the Barca board and the managers have made the things worse with their wrong transfer policies for the last many years that has landed us where we are. This club simply doesn't know how to evolve or transition to a new era. Right now, Barca are like one of those old bands that have gotten together for a reunion and like most reunion shows, it's like watching a parody of their original selves. It's really tough to imagine what will happen if the transfer ban remains and if the decision makers remain the same.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans