Mavericky Puig

Andresito

Staff member
Can he still cut it at a smaller LL club?

Maybe some bottom half and relegation threatened teams?
His ceiling is probably the career of players like Rafinha and Denis Suarez. Doubt he'll get a chance at clubs like PSG/Arsenal though, so minus that.

Temptation

His ceiling is probably the career of players like Rafinha and Denis Suarez. Doubt he'll get a chance at clubs like PSG/Arsenal though, so minus that.

Yeah. Can play for clubs like Celta, Getafe. Conference league is his ceiling.

What's his style of play? Pedri, Iniesta role?

Iniesta Ultra

Needs reposted here.

He still hasn't had the opportunity to show his potential since he can't tiki taka with his teammates the way he'd be able to with Messi, Busi, Fati, Alba, etc. Still nice to see him play very direct and fearless in passing. Xavi has most Barca starters caged like red panda so he just plays safe and wide to abdenkey or donkey and has me falling asleep every match around 75 min.

If Messi brings him to Miami, they'll obliterate everyone. I hope it happens even if the blowouts get ridiculously embarrassing.

Temptation

Needs reposted here.

He still hasn't had the opportunity to show his potential since he can't tiki taka with his teammates the way he'd be able to with Messi, Busi, Fati, Alba, etc. Still nice to see him play very direct and fearless in passing. Xavi has most Barca starters caged like red panda so he just plays safe and wide to abdenkey or donkey and has me falling asleep every match around 75 min.
If Puig is that good, why didn't he go somewhere else in the top 5 European leagues and prove himself.

These days if you have one good season for a mid-small club, big clubs give you an opportunity.

Iniesta Ultra

If Puig is that good, why didn't he go somewhere else in the top 5 European leagues and prove himself.

These days if you have one good season for a mid-small club, big clubs give you an opportunity.

Your memory this bad or your trolling just relentless?

Horatio

You're welcome
Belated happy birthday! Recently turned 24 and should now be taking big steps in his development towards his prime.

Where do you stand on your original Riqui(o)pinions? Are you finally convinced you were wrong or are you still hoping that Xavi was petty towards Riqui because he thought Riqui would surpass him in level and that a transfer to Liverpool/City is coming any day now?
@Iniesta Ultra @Bobo32 @BerkeleyBernie
You forgot to tag George and Serghei.

Horatio

You're welcome
BTW what happened to his face? Thought his boyish looks was selling point for his fans. He looks way older than 24 now. Was surprised to read actually he's 24. Too much Californian sun?

Bobo32

Belated happy birthday! Recently turned 24 and should now be taking big steps in his development towards his prime.

Where do you stand on your original Riqui(o)pinions? Are you finally convinced you were wrong or are you still hoping that Xavi was petty towards Riqui because he thought Riqui would surpass him in level and that a transfer to Liverpool/City is coming any day now?
@Iniesta Ultra @Bobo32 @BerkeleyBernie
1692275476264.png

I believe he has sort of settled into the lower tempo etc of the MLS, this is something that happens to most players, they play at the level of their team and their opponents. A big move is not in the cards for him now, but I am confident he would perform well in any team.
I believe your joy here looks unflattering for you.

Bobo32

What a nice video of this brilliant player linked here by Iniesta Ultra.
Yeah, I stand by the comment I made earlier, that it was a crime against humanity by Koeman not letting Puig play more together with Busquets, Messi and Alba. Imagine the luck for all football fans if Club Internacional de Futbol Miami (MMXX) made it possible to see these players together, again!

BerkeleyBernie

Quality back-to-goal finishing yesterday, perfectly executed after some nice pass-and-move interplay with Douglas Costa. Very few players are able to release the ball so quickly and accurately in that situation. Quick turn, no backlift, hit the gap before the defense has a chance to close it down.

These stylish moments of brilliance are why fans love to watch Puig play.

Starts at 4:23.

Home of Barca Fans