Petrinha's Barca

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
I know, they d all rather like turists to come, give money and go away lol ... i hate it, i didn't have problems with waiters but a woman at tabacaria where i asked for stamps, she just told me harshly: Speak in english and i was like wtf after all the effort to make nice spanish conversation lol ... If i ever learn catala d be for my own pleasure not coz of stupid asses like that :)

It's nice bar yeah, was there several times ...

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Plaça Catalunya, where the Ramblas are born. :p

When people ask me in spanish I always answer: 'Ho sento, no parlo espanyol' ('Sorry, I don't speak spanish'). If they know catalan, they ask me in catalan; if they are tourist they ask me in english (so I answer in english too) but if they don't know catalan, some use to say me: 'Fucking nationalist/catalanist kid'. I'm 22 but everybody says I look much younger, so people call me 'kid' more than 'boy'.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
It got off to a bad start in all the chaos of balancing bags etc I got confused and asked for Estrella Galicia, not Estrella Damm. But still, I made alot of enemies in Barcelona it seems, all of them waiters. One of them even told me to speak to him in English, not Spanish, so I lied and said I didn't speak English. I hate how they all have to be dicks about it.

Was a nice bar otherwise.

Given your attitude on here it's no surprise to hear you didn't get on too well in Barcelona :lol:

Last edited:
S

Super Pippo

I got on perfectly well in Barcelona, for sure the best holiday I ever took. I just won't take socio-political lectures from people who's job is to serve me. :)

S

Super Pippo

Well I mean no disrespect to people who are waiters, I did it myself for a while. Which is why I took issue with them, I had to work hard to get my tips, even demeaning myself with singing O Sole Mio and and putting my fingers to my lips if it pleased the Americans. So I had no time for those dicks thinking they can talk to me like that and expect a tip.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
U sang O Sole Mio, hmmm maybe u can tape that too S, let us hear your tenor ;)

So Corb, how about give us a short catala course here? D be nice :D

S

Super Pippo

LOL, sure it does.

Gaga released a new song today btw, thankfully it isn't very good/catchy, so I don't see me being made to sing it at any stage.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
But u know that's not enough for me as i am scholar and love learning, so be nice, si us plau, Corbito bonito :D

Lliçó, classe, apprendre!!!

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
But u know that's not enough for me as i am scholar and love learning, so be nice, si us plau, Corbito bonito :D

Lliçó, classe, apprendre!!!

I don't know how to begin. How would you do to teach me croatian?

Home of Barca Fans