World Cup 2022

Andresito

Staff member
I thought people disagreed when I said Livakovic deserved GK OTT ahead of Dibu, now he's first choice in the XI?

Horatio

You're welcome
Is it surprising all the Argie simps would twerk for the madman?
Dont even think he was better than Bono, let alone Livakovic

Livakovic has like 5 times the saves Dibu had to be fair. But Dibu above anyone else on shootouts. Livakovic deserves the spot imo.

When did people disagree with Andresito?

Andresito

Staff member
Livakovic has like 5 times the saves Dibu had to be fair. But Dibu above anyone else on shootouts. Livakovic deserves the spot imo.

When I posted this
Livakovic should've won

5416npm97r6a1.png

eaman

I really doubt the award voters look very deep into it but maybe they do and its more than saves that win it. Martinez commanded every aerial ball he had to deal with and did all the other parts well along with crucial saves and he had a big part in winning the tournament. I can't remember all livakovics saves but I'm sure plenty were saves any keeper would make. That Martinez save near the end of extra time was worth 5 top saves

L3v1s

It's been a few days and I've rewatched some highlights of the match and I still don't know what to make of it. It's like I don't realise what happened. Without a doubt it's the best game/final that I've witnessed in my lifetime. I usually tend to be more reserved when making statements like these or calling out GOATs in sports or everything else really.. But this game had everything. Imagine losing the World Cup within 2-3 minutes and then having to fight again. The match was heartbreaking after that, every little action from both sides got us trembling. Wherever we were watching the match from. Mbappe was invisible for much of the game but after that penalty I was anxious whenever he got the ball:lol: But to be frank I always said it's not over, even at 2-0. There was this gut feeling in me, I don't know what it was. And then we got the goal from Leo which I wasn't 100% sure of at first glance. After that my head said only one thing: Do not conceed! Just endless drama this game:lol:and Argentina did look like they could lose it.

But with all that said, this Argentinian team was something else. So much fighting spirit in it, and I know they were cunts too but hey... Everyone deserves to be mentioned. Even though Messi had an amazing tournament at 35(his best international tournament yet and that's crazy) he had teammates that were willing to sacrifice themselves for the team. From goalkeeper to defenders, to the midfielders and strikers(well, Julian Alvarez mostly but others were vital atleast in penalties too). Di Maria was absolutely magical in the final. It's also nice to see that they got some very promising youngsters for the future.

As a Barca fan it might sound a bit shameful to admit, but this game has probably brought me the most joy out of all. I would rank it above the 2011 final(for me my favorite Champions League final that involved Barca). That team was something else, and with MVP all scoring in the final. That goal scored by Villa holds a special place. But hey, I guess it's no shame to admit that if your club's GOAT is involved in the final. A game that eventually immortalized Messi, if that was ever needed. A beautiful ending to an almost flawless story. You can't write a better script than that.

wisconsincule

^^^ the joy I felt was right on par with all Barca champions league victories as well

I’m actually still buzzing about it. Can’t stop watching replays and their celebration videos.

Good stuff.

khaled_a_d

^^^ the joy I felt was right on par with all Barca champions league victories as well

I’m actually still buzzing about it. Can’t stop watching replays and their celebration videos.

Good stuff.

For me 2006 final is still unmatched tbh.
Other than that, I would say this one is on par with them

Home of Barca Fans