Xavi Hernández V2

ajnotkeith

It's really happened. Xavi is back!

Xavi's passion to Barca is insane and i like these emotional guys - that's why i hate the chewing gum man from Real wo never shows emotions!

But we will be strict. Xavi will be under observation and if we are not happy with him until winter break, he will need to go....
Chewing gum man gets results... and players more likely to want to play under him.

I think less and less players will want to join us the longer this continues.

malvolio

Chewing gum man gets results... and players more likely to want to play under him.

I think less and less players will want to join us the longer this continues.
Nah, most players will come in regardless of who is manager. The money, the city/weather, stature of the club are bigger pulls than Tata Martino or Xavi asa manager.

Sure, the very best players, like Mbappe, will have their pick. But anyone else will always dream of playing for Barca.

malvolio

What's interesting and a subject I see no one approaches is the fact Xavi hasn't improved any of the midfielders that we have.

For a former midfield maestro that's quite an underachievemnt.

Reactions: BJJ

Porque

Pedri and Frenkie have played their best football under Xavi though. Just that this season Pedri has missed 14 LaLiga games with his recurring injury and Frenkie 12 so far with his.

mc_lovin

How can you give midfielders a platform to perform with our issues at DM? A Gundogan-Xavi-Iniesta midfield doesn't have the same ring to it than one with Busi, does it?

Porque

So good that most fans want them both sold. :lol:

Yes. Because of injuries and thus consistency. Both have missed over a third of LaLiga season each. Frenkie will be more now with his injury having out for the rest of the season.

And after bailing out of all competitions in typical short termism are being judged on their rushed back into the 11 performances over the past week.

I'd personally also point fingers at Xavi midfield decision making, but in other areas. Thinking Oriol would be up to scratch to be signed. Not rating Nico Gonzalez despite being better than Oriol at even DMC. Wanting to renew Bob again (though had a good game in Paris that should have helped us immensely).

malvolio

Yes. Because of injuries and thus consistency. Both have missed over a third of LaLiga season each. Frenkie will be more now with his injury having out for the rest of the season.

And after bailing out of all competitions in typical short termism are being judged on their rushed back into the 11 performances over the past week.

I'd personally also point fingers at Xavi midfield decision making, but in other areas. Thinking Oriol would be up to scratch to be signed. Not rating Nico Gonzalez despite being better than Oriol at even DMC. Wanting to renew Bob again (though had a good game in Paris that should have helped us immensely).
In the case of Frenkie it's no short termism. He hasn't evolved while here and he's been with us for 5 years now.

Pedri also shows the same flaws as he always did.

Temptation

Tbf that would have been golden. He would be eaten alive in the EPL. Press would have a field day.
English media would build him up for 2 weeks and then absolutely destroy him until he got the sack. :lol:

He'd shit the bed in the Prem. No matter how poorly he does at Barca, they are never missing out on top 4. At United, he probably wouldn't make the top 10. He's that weak tactically!

Home of Barca Fans