Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

It doesn't matter if it was a dead rubber, this isn't how top teams behave, you should never be losing games to teams as bad as Antwerp.
Fact he thinks that is acceptable just because the team is already through shows very well why the team keep putting out such limp and terrible performances. They are being coddled and told excuses as to why they lost every single game.

Gundogan said it.

Neeraj

He's never been that kind of guy. Never as a player and never as a coach. Why would it change now? He thinks it's everybody else's fault but his.

ajnotkeith

He's never been that kind of guy. Never as a player and never as a coach. Why would it change now? He thinks it's everybody else's fault but his.
Contrast it with someone like Carlo who in general never lets any blame fall on his players.
Xavi will let blame fall on anyone but him and this isn't the right mentality for progression, you will never improve that way when you constantly avoid addressing your own faults.

He is an old man but has the attitude of a kid. Needs to change fast if he wants to avoid the sack.

Mrgandalf

Curious member
Xavi should word things better. Just walk out, say "we need to improve our finishing because we had enough quality chances to win this game. I'm happy with the amount of chances we created, but obviously I'm not satisfied with the result. Girona gave us a fight. They have a great team. It was an even game, but they've won because they were more effective than us in front of the goal. Game showed us that we have to work on our defensive setup because receiving 4 goals at home should not happen."

Club and Xavi need to realise that that there are more shades between "we are Barca and the best team in the world - mentality" (aka the boards mindset) and "the team is still under construction" (aka Xavi mindset). Just say "we are not were we want to be and where a club of our status should be", but that's just the reality. "We are working to improve, but other clubs don't sleep either." Just accept current reality and work hard to improve the situation.

Don't live in the past. It's not 2012 anymore and the team is not full of current European and World champions and the best player in the world anymore. That was just the perfect mixture of certain circumstances and it is not realistic to have this luxury soon again.

I get was Xavi was trying to say. The team isn't where he/we/Cules wants it to be. Good things take time. City wasn't an overnight success. Liverpool wasn't an overnight success. That was hard, fastidious work. Just don't call it construction work. It is just the result of last boards failings, evolving EPL, sheikh clubs, all in all better tactics/work by smaller teams etc.

Current Barca is just not better. Period. Result was bad, but you can lose against Girona. They are at the top for a reason. Most effective La Liga team in front of the goal according to statistics. A bad day in defense and you'll easily receive 4 against them. They are indeed a good team currently. Happens all the time that so said smaller teams play a great season, just to disappear again because bigger clubs buy their best players.
I understand that this form of discourse seems realistic and can be persuasive at times. It is said that we have passed our peak and now we have returned to the factory settings and everything is normal. This seems simple and sometimes contains some truth. But my problem starts from the point that behind this logic, I see a retreat and satisfaction with regression. That is, we have to accept that we have progressed with hard work and planning and achieved many continuous successes and now it does not matter if we regress and return to the starting point. No ... in my opinion, this is lowering the standards that the club itself has created and agreeing with this logic creates or encourages a culture of losers that I do not agree with. It is a natural expectation that we do not want to regress ... so do not make regression look normal. The club's successes in recent years were not the result of random events, but planning and skill were required to achieve them. And now there is also the possibility of taking steps in the direction of achieving it. Let's not try to show it out of reach with a loser mentality.

JamDav1982

Xavi knows how important it is to do better than this and he is panicking..

Seven points behind Girona after about as 'easy' and opening to season could get in terms of fixtures and then losing millions in a group should stroll through.

Losing to likes of Shaktar and Antwerp is more of same from Xavi and was lucky to even beat Porto away.

More fool Laporta for renewing him.

More fool Laporta for giving Xavi hundreds of millions that will take decades to pay price for...virtually everyone of those millions spent on players who have got worse.

fergus90

Depends what is the standard. I don't agree that the team has the conditions to compare with the best teams in Europe.
If that is the case then Laporta must resign immediately. He cannot be pulling levers to jeopardise the clubs future if the players aren't able to execute the coaches plan and at least play semi-cohesive football.

If you are honest with yourself, if the president was still Bartomeu and he made these signings given the financial situation under the request of Ronald Koeman you'd also have your pitchfork out, if this is all they could serve up.

serghei

If that is the case then Laporta must resign immediately. He cannot be pulling levers to jeopardise the clubs future if the players aren't able to execute the coaches plan and at least play semi-cohesive football.

Let's agree to disagree. A sale is lurking in the future. Either this or take a massive hit for a decade or so in terms of prestige. Possibly more.

I don't see fans transitioning easily to the new Barca around here. :lol:

Most think this is the same club from 5-6 years ago.

JamDav1982

If you are honest with yourself, if the president was still Bartomeu and he made these signings given the financial situation under the request of Ronald Koeman you'd also have your pitchfork out, if this is all they could serve up.

The players he has signed have got worse and he didnt sign the players should have.. younger CF, more pace out wide, DM and full backs.

Neglected virtually every position most in need for long term future of club.

JamDav1982

“We are doing very well in this competition, which was the pending issue.”

He isnt dealing in reality. They had a dream group and were out played away to Porto, Shaktar and Antwerp.

Played well in one CL game... at home to might Antwerp.

El Gato

Villarato!
I am so stoked I was right about this arrogant cunt

Gimme OGS, Lopetegui or any other Europa tier manager over this fraud

fergus90

The players he has signed have got worse and he didnt sign the players should have.. younger CF, more pace out wide, DM and full backs.

Neglected virtually every position most in need for long term future of club.
I'm of the same opinion. A player or two not being in form is normal at any team.

However, when the whole squad have dipped then it's a coaching issue.

Horatio

You're welcome
Let's agree to disagree. A sale is lurking in the future. Either this or take a massive hit for a decade or so in terms of prestige. Possibly more.

I don't see fans transitioning easily to the new Barca around here. :lol:

Most think this is the same club from 5-6 years ago.
Did you say all this stuff pre-xavi as well? Just wondering…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans