6 - Gavi

Iniesta Ultra

What the hell are you on about?

I was referring to Torre, not Puig. Torre won't threaten Xavi's ego and he's much better than Gavi already, not that's hard to achieve.

Luis Enrique (manager of the national team of Spain): "I don't think anyone can say that they don't like Gavi."

Feels like the Spanish version of Jim Jones' Jonestown, Pedri/Gavi/Nico cult. Everyone's a believer and will sacrifice Barca's future to maintain the illusion.

Andresito

Staff member
Feels like the Spanish version of Jim Jones' Jonestown, Pedri/Gavi/Nico cult. Everyone's a believer and will sacrifice Barca's future to maintain the illusion.

You should stick to women's volleyball with all due respect dawg.

What do you think about the Gavi to Liverpool rumours? Fake news? Or Klopp's gone mad and brainwashed by Xavi?

Iniesta Ultra

You should stick to women's volleyball with all due respect dawg.

What do you think about the Gavi to Liverpool rumours? Fake news? Or Klopp's gone mad and brainwashed by Xavi?

Klopp finally got some free time to watch him play since season's over, but he wasn't given kool-aid beforehand. He's probably wondering where all the hype came from as well.

Gnidrologist

Gavi is not as immense as Pedri pure skills/elegance wise, but certainly very very good too. Why he in my opinion is so important to have is that, while being very technically proficient, he also has the enforcer attitude and strength to back that up. Very high energy, relentless as fuck and being a menace at the tender age, where his body and mentality isn't even near full adulthood. He could be our own Vidal in the future, but even more technically gifted. Invaluable for team like Barca that get these kind of players once in a decade.

Iniesta Ultra

3:40 - dispossessed on another mindless dribble unaware defender on him
3:58 - easy but good pick
4:07 - good tackle

Had several shots off target and the rest was just endless side and back passes in between above timestamps. Even in a friendly against Jamaica level side does nothing significant. "Runs well" the new gold standard for Barca, how so many under Jonestown level mind control getting little too creepy tbh.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

0:34 - good cross to Auba
1:10 - passes too far ahead Alba goes out of play
1:25 - medium crosses to defender, few meters behind Auba
1:35 - pass attempt instantly picked off, didn't see defender closing in front of him?
1:42 - attempts medium through pass to Auba but goes to defender instead
1:47 - heavy touch receiving ball, fouls player attempting maintain possession, crybabies no foul
2:18 - fouls a player
2:25 - yellow card elbowing in aerial duel, pleads no foul
3:28 - wins corner
3:37 - wins corner
3:54 - shot attempt countless meters off target (Demb-ish)
4:10 - decent on target shot attempt, easy for keeper
5:46 - heavy touch under pressure loses ball, regains possession twice in succession first opposition error second easy pick
6:30 - medium cross directly to defenders several meters away from any teammates
6:55 - fails to keep possession from Alba lob
7:13 - backheads a throw in directly to defender

Endless side and back passes in between above timestamps. Curious to see what stats Barca keep on their players because there's no way they don't already have my analyses and more. I mean anyone involved with management at the club has to be able to see this? Can "running well" and "off the ball positioning" really be all that's necessary anymore.

For future reference and past edits I'm now bolding and italicizing the good plays for easy differentiation.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans