6 - Gavi

Iniesta Ultra

1:15 - crosses to Demb few meters short, defender clears
1:32 - good cross to Auba, Auba's defended well
1:48 - pressured and dribbles out of play, falls to ground
1:54 - slightly overhits diagonal ground pass to FDJ goes to defender, FDJ didn't attempt to receive and looks close enough could've
2:08 - 50ish yard pass about 7 yards shy of Demb, defender chests to keeper
2:32 - Rayo player passes directly to him, free steal
2:42 - recovers Alba's blocked cross, enters box, believe genuinely fouled hard to tell by replay but penalty not called
3:13 - steals ball dribbles 40ish yards before pressured, falls, hits out of play with no one around, not sure if fishing for foul
3:17 - wins aerial duel
3:30 - can't control well driven medium pass loses possession
3:49 - recovers ball inside box goal attempt hits upper corner of post
4:44 - simple but decent one two three with FDJ
5:55 - attempts blind backheel pass unaware defender right behind him then commits foul attempting recover
6:20 - tackled, falls unnecessarily afterwards
6:50 - good cross to Depay falls afterwards
7:01 - retrieves ball in box dribbles to endline cross for Luuk bicycle attempt
7:17 - cross directly to keeper
7:22 - 65ish yard forward punt too close to keeper
7:30 - chests ball to defender
7:35 - tackled
7:40 - fouled from behind in box, 2nd pen not called (ref saw him dive too much already in the match, honesty best policy, just desserts for always crying wolf)
8:20 - cross directly to keeper
8:37 - cross couple yards behind Luuk
8:40 - 60ish yard diagonal pass 5 yards too left lands to defender
8:46 - yellow card

Usual filler side and back passes, in future I'll count the number of recycling passes. Did have positive contributions but 64% above were poor plays.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

1:22 - short pass too short to Demb in the box, defender picks off
1:26 - failed tackle attempt
1:33 - poor tackle attempt fouls player
1:39 - poor short pass behind Alba's run of play goes out of play
1:44 - loses aerial duel
1:53 - one two with Alba in box too close to defender who screens Alba goes out of play
3:18 - deflects into defender near touchline to win throw in
3:20 - short backheel to Fati
3:38 - header directly to defender with no teammates anywhere close

I counted 13 side and back passes. Zero significant contributions playing entire 90 min with 78% poor plays above. Barca won this 3-1.

Puig only played second half despite his excellent performance the previous match, Bobo and I were irrate in match chat when he didn't start. Puig recovered Alves' giveaway which immediately led Auba's and Demb's counterattack for Auba's second goal. Puig also had a goal disallowed because Garcia wouldn't get out of the way.

Mindfuckingly stunning any top club in the world would or could consistently ignore such abominable performance stats even with a manager's personal agendas. A la covid, repetition's the best form of mind control.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Had a pretty good cameo off the bench today for Spain.

Wonders of playing under a good coach and not a Football terrorist I guess.

Messi983

:boss:

FVFCza3WQAEqEzB

Meanwhile...

FVFFRzHXEAMNQSw

Porque

I like how Gavi come on like a bull entering the ring as if he had a point to prove. Helped create the second goal, looked like a million bucks, crowd chants his name and thank you very much.

There is something rotten at our club though. Busquets come on and everything went "calma, calma" and Gavi become less involved.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Hasn't been mentioned yet but Gavi release clause has increased to 100m according to Spanish sources.

That's too low. He's eyeing another payrise in a year. Or do you mean it has increased automatically? I thought we're talking about the new contract

Home of Barca Fans