10 - Ansu Fati

Havesaks

He already looks faster and stronger compared to when he came from B-team. He just needs to keep doing what he is doing right now.

I also hope Messi will keep teaching him.

jamrock

Having 1/2 more years under the goat will help him as well, the goat seems to like him, like he seemed to have liked & trusted our last great talent back in the day, thiago.

The other young players he didn't even give the time of day, took a look at them & in one second was like nope.

Havesaks

That's not better. Like, at all.

Maybe I put it wrong. Neymar for me is a great talent with a good record of achievements, but it's not great and he himself doesn't get enough out of his talent as he is to unreliable as well as wants to much.

Fati can be the main man for Barca for many years and carry the team without him being a playmaker. He can be the main man as Ronaldo was it to Real and Henry to Arsenal.

In that sense he would have the better career.

Laplacian

As have been pointed out it's hard to know what's being compared to when naming Neymar.
As for the ability to pick something out of his ass out of nothing, Neymar is in a league of his own with likes of Messi.
Ansu isn't that type of player.

But when it comes to effectiveness Neymar is pretty low on the list. This is where Ansu shines.
It's very early to tell but I have the feeling that Ansu will be reliable in terms of what he does on the pitch.

I think Pedro is a good comparison with Ansu being a reliable player who guarantees hard work, good finishing, bravery and a great mentality.
But compared to Pedro he can be a bigger leader and star.

Career wise Neymar isn't THAT special. Ansu can also have that type of career. I think a challenge for him would be to beat Villa's goal record for Spain. Won't be easy but he has time, talent and mentality on his side.

Ansu is more effective? Mate, Neymar has had like 40 G+A for the past 6 years lol. But like Jamrock said, we don't need Ansu to be a one in generation talent like Neymar, we need him to be a very good player (if he's going to start for us) capable of producing on a consistent basis. That's enough for me really.

Andresito

Staff member
Ansu is more effective? Mate, Neymar has had like 40 G+A for the past 6 years lol. But like Jamrock said, we don't need Ansu to be a one in generation talent like Neymar, we need him to be a very good player (if he's going to start for us) capable of producing on a consistent basis. That's enough for me really.

It's only natural Neymar has a lot of goals in a team built around him in a shitty league.

Efficiency is not all about goals + assists. It's about making something concrete with the ball whenever you touch it.
Neymar's got too much flair and loves the shenanigans. Could maybe rather compare decisions rather than efficiency now that I think of it.

Ansu will never be as sexy as Neymar. But hopefully his teams can have more success than Ney's.

behindbrowneyes

I don't get why people always need to compare new talents with past players. He is neither Neymar, nor Messi, nor Pedro. He is Ansu Fati.

What stands out about him are his elements of directness, risks and unpredictability in his play. It takes a lot faith and (self-)confidence to pull out such a performance in your first starting game in the men's national team. This kid just did a bicycle kick and smiled the disappointment away because it was blocked by the defender. I hope Koeman puts the same faith in him as Lucho did. I hope Koeman is taking notes and telling team to stop looking for Messi when there are better options – makes the team less predictable and difficult to defend against. Do what's best for the team.

Be patient with him, take risks with him, play him and let him be free. He’s so confident on the ball, attacks, slows down, spreads the ball, shoots, penetrates. Love this kid, he’s humble and a pure joy to watch.

It is like Lucho said after the game: "Ansu is happy and he has reason to be. He’s only 17 and still has to mature, you have to be calm with him, but this is his second game with the national team and he dared to do all that. He brings hard work and humility, he trained at a high level and I’m happy he’s going home with this joy."

dickbutt

His workrate is meh.

Deffs better suited to striker

His work rate is 'meh', yet he works hard in both ways and even makes deciding interceptions/tackles in the defensive side. Sure he could play as a striker too but hes best suited as a winger since he can challenge opposite defenders, has great game reading abilities, is comparable to Dembele/Neymar in terms of pace and has great finishing product as we've seen.
To me he reminds somewhat of Ronaldinho, plays with joy and doesn't care what happens around him (in terms of audience and pressure). Not to mention, he's still 17-18 years old and as long as he gets support from his team mates and a manager who takes him under his wing, he's going to be world class and make a big name for himself.

dickbutt

Neymar is completely different in term of talent. He played in Brazil but also was Brazil's ace at very young age.

Ansu Fati is also completely different in terms of talent. He plays in Spain and has been decisive not only for Barcelona but also for Spain's national team at even younger age and in a completely different level than Brazil's league.

Laplacian

It's only natural Neymar has a lot of goals in a team built around him in a shitty league.

Efficiency is not all about goals + assists. It's about making something concrete with the ball whenever you touch it.
Neymar's got too much flair and loves the shenanigans. Could maybe rather compare decisions rather than efficiency now that I think of it.

Ansu will never be as sexy as Neymar. But hopefully his teams can have more success than Ney's.

Past 6 years = since 2014.

Eh, he's had about 40 G+A or at the very least 30+ in Barcelona for 3 straight years before he moved to PSG.

The bias is getting to you pal. I know he's a snake but eh, he was one of the highest chance creators for more than half a decade in Europe despite his "shenanigans." I would consider that pretty efficient. lol

Literally when we were being neutralised by some team in Europe or La Liga during the latter part of Lucho's tenure, the one player that was consistently dangerous was usually Neymar. I don't get this revisionism that Neymar was some sort of useless ball hogger back when he was at Barcelona.

BBZ8800

Ansu Fati is also completely different in terms of talent. He plays in Spain and has been decisive not only for Barcelona but also for Spain's national team at even younger age and in a completely different level than Brazil's league.

I'll get harsh replies, but Spain is a king of NT qualifiers for the last 15 years.
They are winning majority of their matches at ease.
The same as with Barca/Pep, Spanish style is perfectly suited in a league tournament and against inferior teams.

So, to some extent, whoever plays in qualifiers for Spain, he'll score, Spain will play nice and they'll win.

He played well yesterday and better than the last season, but come on, people are seriously comparing him with Neymar and Henry after a match against Ukraine.

Someone will reply: he played well against Germany too.

Well, you always have this phenomenon with young players: when they get their first chance, they play at 200%.
Because they are young, motivated, fresh, because they were never given similar chances.

Older players already had lots of similar matches and they surely won't play at 200% at home vs Mickey Mouse Ukraine (look at Thiago for example).
So, kids will often look better, more mobile, more motivated and more energetic than regular players.
But even Arthur was flying for 2 Months in October-November 2019 when he played at 120% motivation.
When he returned to a normal level of motivation, he was a different, way worse player.
And on top of that, you have fans who are desperate for new young gems and every move, pass or shot is at least 20, 30 or 50% overrated.

Remember first matches from Wague, Todibo, Araujo, Puig or even Alena.
Nobody looked like shit, isn't it?
Because they were all running like crazy and giving 200%.
Also, there is a factor that the opponents don't respect them yet so they are not marking those kids too heavily and then kids have more space in those early matches.

He played well yesterday, but seriously, you guys need to calm down a little bit.
And add other factors into maths.

Last edited:

vegitot

I'll get harsh replies, but Spain is a king of NT qualifiers for the last 15 years.
They are winning majority of their matches at ease.
The same as with Barca/Pep, Spanish style is perfectly suited in a league tournament and against inferior teams.

So, to some extent, whoever plays in qualifiers for Spain, he'll score, Spain will play nice and they'll win.

He played well yesterday and better than the last season, but come on, people are seriously comparing him with Neymar and Henry after a match against Ukraine.

Someone will reply: he played well against Germany too.

Well, you always have this phenomenon with young players: when they get their first chance, they play at 200%.
Because they are young, motivated, fresh, because they were never given similar chances.

Older players already had lots of similar matches and they surely won't play at 200% at home vs Mickey Mouse Ukraine (look at Thiago for example).
So, kids will often look better, more mobile, more motivated and more energetic than regular players.
But even Arthur was flying for 2 Months in October-November 2019 when he played at 120% motivation.
When he returned to a normal level of motivation, he was a different, way worse player.
And on top of that, you have fans who are desperate for new young gems and every move, pass or shot is at least 20, 30 or 50% overrated.

Remember first matches from Wague, Todibo, Araujo, Puig or even Alena.
Nobody looked like shit, isn't it?
Because they were all running like crazy and giving 200%.
Also, there is a factor that the opponents don't respect them yet so they are not marking those kids too heavily and then kids have more space in those early matches.

He played well yesterday, but seriously, you guys need to calm down a little bit.
And add other factors into maths.

You must hate Spanish football with passion. Yet you can not deny that it is Spaininsh football that changes the whole 2010s decade.

It is true that compare 17 years old Fati to Neymar or Henry is nonsense now. But no need to bash him like he is garbage or something. Fati is full of confident when he is given chances, not like Bojan. He can be a real deal in the future.

To you no youngster can be a good player.

Too harsh.

Home of Barca Fans