10 - Ansu Fati

JohnN

I don't even remember fati being so good on the ball or dribbling. I remember he was clinical though and really mature for 17 yo.

Laplacian

I don't even remember fati being so good on the ball or dribbling. I remember he was clinical though and really mature for 17 yo.

He wasn't. He was clinical and tidy on the ball but that's it, over the duration of half a season too. How he has turned into this massively hyped player is just a manifestation of the desperation behind Barcelona's current situation.

Rory

He'll be allowed to score 1 goal all season and still be loved by the fan base. I don't understand why people think there's a huge pressure on him. Expectations are simply that he is still able to run. Let's talk about goals and assists once we know he can do that week in week out.

mc_lovin

He wasn't. He was clinical and tidy on the ball but that's it, over the duration of half a season too. How he has turned into this massively hyped player is just a manifestation of the desperation behind Barcelona's current situation.

He's a fantastic dribbler. Really surgical, but not someone you give the ball at the half way line. I was convinced he would become a worldclass player pre injury, but now we have to wait and see. I never saw him as a nailed on Ballon d'Or winner like Messi though, but there were like two (teen) players in the last 30 years in this category.

The pressure is immense either way, so no worries on that front. I don't think #10 and being hailed our saviour makes much of a difference. He seems to have good nerves, and if not he won't turn into a great player anyway.

FinBarcelonafan

Cmon. The guy did break multiple records. It's fine for small hype but this might be a bit too much.

jamrock

Its funny as hell how being "clinical" in front of goal is now considered not an exceptional quality, he have to run very very fast to impress some here. Lol

The kid when he was fit was rated by everyone who knew anything about football as one of the best young players they have seen in awhile, you could even see the look in Messi's eye whenever he played with the kid, it reminded me of when Messi came out & Ronaldinho was here, (not that most here would actually remember that), not to say he will ever be as good as Messi obviously, but you could see how Ronaldinho just lit up everything he would play with a young messi.

the trejectory he was on pre injury was worth all the hype, I haven't seen a kid come out & had that instead a impact at that age for a club as big as Barca & a country as the top like spain, since well Messi. Lol

We will see if the injury has robbed him of what made him special & how that 1 season of no development has affect him

malvolio

This. Club is just putting all eggs in the Ansu basket.

He definitely is our most promising player. But club is hyping his return as if we have prime Romario returning.

behindbrowneyes

Koeman on Ansu
There is a long way to go for the player to be as he was. Ansu cannot recover in two games or two weeks, we have to be attentive and help the player. The most important thing is the player. It depends on his condition. He will give us a lot of quality, but little by little.

This.

SmilerBam

People are gonna be so disappointed when he'll play his first matches. He's still a kid. And a kid that has stayed injured for an year.

Home of Barca Fans