10 - Ansu Fati

jamrock

Watching the arsenal vs spurs game & even though Kane & spurs are having a bad game.

Fati reminds me of Kane a bit, in the sense that they aren't particularly fast for forward player, but they have this 6th sense about where the goal is in relation to where they are in & around the box at all times, almost every shot looks like it has a chance to score.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Reservations about Ansu's lack of pace are a bit exaggerated. He is not lightning quick but he is consistently fast enough to beat the first defender by a couple of meters. In FM terms, his pace is 16, not 18-20 as the likes of Mbappe, Dembele and prime Neymar have/had, but his pace won't be an issue really. He is as quick as Hazard was before his loss of pace IMO.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think Messi taught Ansu to shoot with the effect like that so it creates a hop. Most of Messi goals later in his career were like that.

serghei

Reservations about Ansu's lack of pace are a bit exaggerated. He is not lightning quick but he is consistently fast enough to beat the first defender by a couple of meters. In FM terms, his pace is 16, not 18-20 as the likes of Mbappe, Dembele and prime Neymar have/had, but his pace won't be an issue really. He is as quick as Hazard was before his loss of pace IMO.

Yea, that clocks it right. He's not a speedster but also not somebody you see and say geez that guy is slow.

jamrock

I agree I don't think he is slow, he has enough pace to beat his the first man & skills to get around the 2nd one once he gets in the box, that's all you need really especially with his finishing.

mc_lovin

His acceleration/mobility/quickness (however you want to call it) is elite.

And he knows how to freaking move. Looks night and day to the other guys we recently saw on LW (Depay, Griezmann *sigh*, Dembele and so on).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans