10 - Ansu Fati

Saladin

Now Fabrizio says he's going to Brighton.
Yeah, by the reports De Zerbi apparently was the determining factor.

Brighton looks better than Tottenham in recent years, lets be honest. They play some of the most exciting football in the Premier League and have a very clear gameplan.
A loan deal could be a huge W for us and Ansu as well as for Brighton, if they manage to get the best out of him. We would save approximately 15 mil euros (before taxes) in wages this year and either have a sellable asset in a year or a player that has proven too good to sell.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Brighton would be an outstanding move for him.

Its a team where the players that have performed well go on to transfer for huge fees. Its a very watched club as we all know and all the top clubs monitor their squad.
Plus, it isn't as high of a level in terms of the surrounding teammates he'll have so he may go on to shine much more than he does here. Less pressure too.

Basically, if he scores some goals and has a few key performances for them his value will skyrocket.

However I'm not convinced there isn't a buy option.

Saladin

Brighton would be an outstanding move for him.

Its a team where the players that have performed well go on to transfer for huge fees. Its a very watched club as we all know and all the top clubs monitor their squad.
Plus, it isn't as high of a level in terms of the surrounding teammates he'll have so he may go on to shine much more than he does here. Less pressure too.
Basically, if he scores some goals and has a few key performances for them his value will skyrocket.

However I'm not convinced there isn't a buy option.
I believe the original claims were loan with option to buy BUT included a buy-back clause (negotiations with Tottenham) - Then Brighton came in strong for him, might have given Deco and co some lee-way and putting the foot down for a loan with no option to buy. Let's hope so.

Messi983

Well, even if there will be a buy option included in the end it's still Ansu's decision where he wants to play. And I'm pretty sure he'll want another chance here.

I've read Tottenham wanted to include a buy option as well but Barca insisted on having a buy back in this case. Which is probably what led to no deal in the end (apart from De Zerbi getting involved and convincing Ansu to join Brighton).

Messi983

I think Brighton playing in Europe and Tottenham not also played a role in his decision tbh.

Either way, I like Brighton and wouldn't need another reason to watch them but now I have it.

Messi983

I have 2 reasons to watch them now.

Fati and Buonanotte

And Mitoma, Ferguson, Joao Pedro, Estupinan,... Interested what new signing Baleba (Caicedo replacement) will show too. Also like Enciso but he's out longterm (apparently similar injury to that of Ansu). Obviously like De Zerbi as well, already followed him a bit when he was at Sassuolo.

But just in general, Brighton are very well run club. I've watched an interview with their CEO a few months ago and it's not surprising they are as successful with people like him in charge.

Jakabor

Well, I did not want him to leave. I know it is loan, but man… still only 20.
I thought he was on his way back. Yes, he lost speed after his injury but his technical ability, interplay and shooting would have given us a lot this season.

I wanted the front three to be Ansu - Lewy - Yamal.

I guess Xavi have more belief in Ferran, Abde and Raphinha.

Will be watching every Brighton match this season if this is true.

Home of Barca Fans