10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie

pele_and_freddy_adu.jpg

Remember when Pele said that American player Freddy Adu would become one of the world's best? I wonder what happened to him. Oh? He failed to make it in Greece, Portugal, Turkey and went home crying to the MLS? Pele knows.

He also named El Hadj Diouf as one of the "greatest living players" in football. :lol:

F

Flavia

Pele is just an attention whore, you guys should stop quoting him here... is blasphemy.

Eighteen99

Phatroonaldo

How the fuck does he strike them with so much power and virtually no backlift at all? Seen it so many times. Stuggart, Arsenal, Copenhagen..

Insane.

Ender

tumblr_m2a4nw2B1a1rtrc9xo1_500.gif

1 golazo and 2 assists. :worthy:

Messi is for now the Liga player with most goals and most assists #fcblive No player did this before (in full season) [via @2010misterchips]

Darko

the chance he created for himself at the end was magical,if he had scored from that impossible angle i would have jizzed more than the 1st Villareal game(Sex)

Pele: If Messi wants to be the best ever first he must become better than Neymar

Brazilian football idol Pele has restated his belief that Neymar is a better player than Barcelona star Lionel Messi, and argued that the Argentine must first overcome the young Santos star before he can challenge 'O Rei' as the greatest to ever play the game.

The three-time World Cup winner was speaking on Tuesday at a press conference marking Santos' centenary celebrations in April 2012. Never shy about publicizing the ability of Neymar to the press, the 71-year-old pushed the youngster ahead of Messi in his list of the world's current stars.

"Now everyone is talking about Messi, he is a star. But [to be the best ever] he must first become better than Neymar," he asserted. "At the moment Messi is just more experienced."

The Brazilian also played down the public feud he has allegedly maintained with Diego Maradona, insisting that there is no bad blood between the two men.

"You [journalists] are always saying that I am Maradona's rival, but it is not true. I was never his rival, and he was a great attacking midfielder," the legend explained.

:lol: wow Pele.

Kerrybai

Is that about 10 league games in a row where he has scored? Lovely goal and his passing was magical. For me he is as good as Xavi at passing between 10 - 20 yards. I'm confident he can remain ballon die quality past age 32 as a midfielder. Now we are hoping he breaks goal records, in 8 years time we'll be urging him toward assist records.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans