10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
How many times Messi has been 'kicked' in Inter matches, and by who?! Just curious.

He was roughed up for sure, Cambiasso wasn't easy on him, Samuel and Lucio definitely were very physical also Motta who also knew him very very well.

Chainsaw

Killahead
He was roughed up for sure, Cambiasso wasn't easy on him, Samuel and Lucio definitely were very physical also Motta who also knew him very very well.

Messi never was kicked or assaulted by Inter players as far as I remember. If there was anything over-harsh I bet I could remember. As you said he was roughed up. Yeah sure, but Inter didn't play dirty against him. No one from Inter did.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Messi never was kicked or assaulted by Inter players as far as I remember. If there was anything over-harsh I bet I could remember. As you said he was roughed up. Yeah sure, but Inter didn't play dirty against him. No one from Inter did.

By Spanish standards I heard a lot of moaning about Messi being fouled without calls but to me the referee let the match roll. A lot of people cried at how the second goal was a result of a call not been made against Messi but to be honest, those were just silly. European standards are not the same as Spanish and that doesn't make it wrong.

Luck always plays a role in the CL and in an evenly matched game, Inter edged it. But I didn't see Messi being fouled harshly.

J

Jordzibob

The major incidents in that match decisionwise didnt involve Messi, he just had a really quiet two games, Inter did a fantastic job on him its got to be said.

Chainsaw

Killahead
By Spanish standards I heard a lot of moaning about Messi being fouled without calls but to me the referee let the match roll. A lot of people cried at how the second goal was a result of a call not been made against Messi but to be honest, those were just silly. European standards are not the same as Spanish and that doesn't make it wrong.

Luck always plays a role in the CL and in an evenly matched game, Inter edged it. But I didn't see Messi being fouled harshly.

I'm an Argentina fanatic myself. If something rough happens to Messi in a match I'll be among the first ones that get his ears red in anger! No one did anything harsh on Messi in those two matches. Inter played hard but not harsh. Messi least of them all.

Motta/Messi incident could be a foul in 50-50. Some refrees take it, some don't. But still it can't be an excuse for Barca lose. Barca overally wasn't up to par in those two matches. Inter was great in the first leg or better say beyond expectations and they did a solid defensive performance in the second leg.

J

Jordzibob

I'm an Argentina fanatic myself. If something rough happens to Messi in a match I'll be among the first ones that get his ears red in anger! No one did anything harsh on Messi in those two matches. Inter played hard but not harsh. Messi least of them all.

Motta/Messi incident could be a foul in 50-50. Some refrees take it, some don't. But still it can't be an excuse for Barca lose. Barca overally wasn't up to par in those two matches. Inter was great in the first leg or better say beyond expectations and they did a solid defensive performance in the second leg.

"Solid" doesnt really do it justice, it was an outstanding defensive performance, to be objective about it even as Barca fan. We did score late on yeh, it should of counted but it didnt, but that doesnt take away from the quality of the defending from Inter. It wasnt like Chelsea the year before, where they just played like pathetic little cowards, Inter gave a brilliant tactically, organised showing, and it payed off. You can glorify our attacking football to the high heavens, call it the best there is, but that was the parrallel with defending.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
According to Mourinho, Spanish defenders are giving Messi a brake and not guarding him as zealously as Ronaldo

So that's why Messi is so successful! :lol:

(sorry for contaminating the thread but it really gave me a luagh)

I'm starting to get worried about his sanity. The number of times that Ronaldo is left unmarked in the box is astronomical. There's a reason why half of his goals this season are tap-ins.

ricknattery

I'm starting to get worried about his sanity. The number of times that Ronaldo is left unmarked in the box is astronomical. There's a reason why half of his goals this season are tap-ins.

Mou will lie blatantly if he thinks is necessary to win. Most of the things he says when he complains about a rival are a COMPLETE lie. I don't even rationalize what he says when he talks about Barca, because is pure shit.

Inter didn't make fouls that could carry to an injury, they sistematically commit tactical fouls. We complain about the number of fouls(going without punishment) not the intensity of them

SeloBarca

Inter didnt do THAT much better then other teams we have struggled with after they parked the buss. We always play better against teams that tries to attack, and struggle against teams that puts alot in defence.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep

Exactly, its outrageous the amount of space Ronaldo gets in Real, and like you said, simple take a look at most of his goals. Now take a look at Messi's goals and its quite obvious that most of his goals had nothing to do with him being left unmarked or being given more space, he created those chances for himself, Jose is honestly being ridiculous...Not to mention that he is playing a different role this season that most teams are not familiar with, its only natural it would catch them off-guard.

What about his assists Jose?

Saying they're going easy on them is dumb, but saying he's getting more space than Ronaldo is simply ridiculous...Anyone that watches Barca and Real's matches would see that...

Hatem Ben Arfa

Yes Ronaldo has had so many tap ins this season.

I mean remember his 4 goals against Santander? literally 3 tap ins and a penalty! And Real fans go on about him matching Messi's 4 against Arsenal. Please give me a break!

It reminds me of Nicklas Bendtners Hat Trick against Porto, and people getting all excited about him scoring a hat trick. The quality of the goals was poor. They were 2 tap ins(1 from a rebound) and the 3rd a penalty. Not very impressive!

Bionicman

Inter didnt do THAT much better then other teams we have struggled with after they parked the buss. We always play better against teams that tries to attack, and struggle against teams that puts alot in defence.
Exactly. People talk about how wonderful Inter's performance was, but they forget that it wasn't close to being the first time that year Barcelona struggled against defensive teams. Osasuna held us goalless for 73 minutes at home; Malaga held for 70 minutes (until an outstanding and unlikely outside the box goal); Rubin Kazan held us to one goal in two matches (with Messi as neutralized as he was against Inter); there are probably others I'm forgetting. If bottom/middle table Liga teams and Europa League squads could do it, it shouldn't have been a shock when a team of Inter's caliber did it.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Exactly. People talk about how wonderful Inter's performance was, but they forget that it wasn't close to being the first time that year Barcelona struggled against defensive teams. Osasuna held us goalless for 73 minutes at home; Malaga held for 70 minutes (until an outstanding and unlikely outside the box goal); Rubin Kazan held us to one goal in two matches (with Messi as neutralized as he was against Inter); there are probably others I'm forgetting. If bottom/middle table Liga teams and Europa League squads could do it, it shouldn't have been a shock when a team of Inter's caliber did it.

Yes, but somehow I think it will be much harder to stop Messi this year. The one-two's and link up play in and around the 18 yd box has improved to a whole new level. He plays intricate give and go's with teammates in no space at all it seems! He wasn't doing it last season on the level that he is doing it this. Year! I mean goals against Villareal, Socidad, Rubin Kazan, are excellent example!

Elite-BkD

Of course Inter was much better; that's the point. I said that if the weaker teams did it, it wasn't that surprising that a team of Inter's quality did it. Try reading for once.

Oh hey Bionicman, how's it going? Nice to see you've come around to my way of thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans