10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor

And he was doing it with those short-shorts riding up his crotch too. Incredible.

I think Messi is just as good though, and he seems a better overall person...

Not downplaying his greatness, but holy shit that is some fucking shit defending. Look at those defenders just standing around not putting any pressure on Maradona. I mean you're facing Diego fucking Maradona ffs.

W

Worms

Messi is definitely a phenomenal passer. I have been really impressed in the last year with the improved weighting of his through balls (not that they were bad before!). It seems like I have seen a lot of Messi through balls in the past year where the striker (generally Pedro or Villa) do not even need to take a touch on the ball beyond the shot itself. This is insane. The ball really needs to have the perfect weight to do that.

He is very good at the killer ball now. And given that he is a Barca's tiki-taka player, I think it's safe to say he is quite a good short, possession passer too.

Still, though, I think some people here are being a bit silly insisting he is as good or better than Maradona at passing. I think Maradona would generally be considered in the top 5 EVER in passing (my top 5 in no particular order would probably be Maradona, Zico, Laudrup, Platini, and Zidane) and certainly in the top 10. The man averaged an assist every other match in both his club and international career! Messi is a great passer; he is one of the best in the world right now. He is not, however, one of the top 5-10 in passing EVER.

He is still quite young, though, and passing generally improves with age. Given how much he improved upon this last year, I don't think it's unreasonable to think he could reach Maradona-like heights in passing in the coming years. Consider: at Messi's current age, Maradona was just beginning his first year with Napoli. I dont think people would have said he warranted a top 5-10 in passing ever spot at that age either.

Zidane isn't in the top 5 passers of all time,if i remember correctly his assist tally is quite poor for a player of his ability and his position.Carlos Valderrama was a better passer than Zidane but overall not as good a player.

I think the only things ability wise Maradona in his prime had over Messi are leadership skills and he slightly edges Messi in passing,although Messi has been closing the gap,his passing is still getting better and I think he will reach that level in another 2 years.Sometimes his through balls aren't weighted perfectly,he needs to be more consistent and maybe use the outside of his foot more when passing.

lessthanjake

Zidane isn't in the top 5 passers of all time,if i remember correctly his assist tally is quite poor for a player of his ability and his position.Carlos Valderrama was a better passer than Zidane but overall not as good a player.

I think the only things ability wise Maradona in his prime had over Messi are leadership skills and he slightly edges Messi in passing,although Messi has been closing the gap,his passing is still getting better and I think he will reach that level in another 2 years.Sometimes his through balls aren't weighted perfectly,he needs to be more consistent and maybe use the outside of his foot more when passing.

Zidane's passing wasn't always about the assist though. He would give perfectly weighted pass-before-assist sorts of passes, as well as just great possession-oriented, and tactical passing in general. I don't rabidly believe he MUST be put in the top 5 passers ever, but he is certainly near the very top. I mean, he is among the top 10-15 players ever, I believe, and his strengths were pretty much just magnificent touch and passing. He's not top 10-15 because of goal scoring prowess or defending or work rate, that's for sure.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Will not be able to meet messi after the match . But will get to meet Javier and Messi in the hotel where they are staying . Entire credit goes to some friends from the Club who made this happen and personally talked with Messi about this . We are also sending some royal Indian gifts for Pep Guardiola , Xavi , Iniesta , Valdes , Puyol , Pique , Rosell , Tito . Can't wait . The Airport will welcome Messi & Mascherano with Blaugrana colors as they both will come after Villarreal match.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
I am thinking of giving Javier , our forum link and information about this website . :D , I am not sure messi will be interested in our forum or even look at an English speaking Barca forum. Although , it depends on how much time I actually get and how things rolled on .

Got permit for Police and authority for 20 minutes.

MacBoss

Will not be able to meet messi after the match . But will get to meet Javier and Messi in the hotel where they are staying . Entire credit goes to some friends from the Club who made this happen and personally talked with Messi about this . We are also sending some royal Indian gifts for Pep Guardiola , Xavi , Iniesta , Valdes , Puyol , Pique , Rosell , Tito . Can't wait . The Airport will welcome Messi & Mascherano with Blaugrana colors as they both will come after Villarreal match.

WOW!! Thats great!! You have to upload some pics ... And tell them that they are the best :D

Yugi

tell him that we all love him so much.. and also tell him that we love they way he destroys real madrid

Barcafan 2304

Would be great Ryan to pass on info about this site. Imagine knowing that Messi and others looked at this site and some of us and thought who are these total freaks and geeks. It would be an honour

La LL

Generally Delightful
Will probably cry first and then faint. :D

Don't! You're doing something most of us can only dream of doing.

If I ever met one of the Barca players I don't think I'd have a clue what to say. Then again I haven't been able to speak since that Madridista broke my jaw :p.

gingerless

Don't! You're doing something most of us can only dream of doing.

If I ever met one of the Barca players I don't think I'd have a clue what to say. Then again I haven't been able to speak since that Madridista broke my jaw :p.

who knows, you could even get to meet them out of sympathy if ryan tells them your story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans