10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
That's bizarre if true. Why would he waste his time posting about those all the time on a Man United forum if neither Messi or Cristiano play for Manchester United?
I'm a member of the forum and it's true. I mean he hasn't made one single little post about anything other then something involving Messi or Ronaldo....He's defnatly jsut some little kid who idolizes Messi and hates Ronaldo simply because he's his rival, he even tried to claim that Villa and eto'o were better players then Ronaldo :lol:

Manuel Traquete

I'm a member of the forum and it's true. I mean he hasn't made one single little post about anything other then something involving Messi or Ronaldo....He's defnatly jsut some little kid who idolizes Messi and hates Ronaldo simply because he's his rival, he even tried to claim that Villa and eto'o were better players then Ronaldo :lol:

Well, I don't think Eto'o and Villa are better than Ronaldo, but it's very easy to "prove" that using the same "logic" as Cristiano's fans use to claim he's better than Messi. You know, the thing about Ronaldo having proven himself in two leagues and Messi only being good at Barca.

You can easily use a similar logic and claim that Eto'o has shown his worth in three different leagues and that Cristiano would struggle with the defensive style of the Serie A and couldn't handle the cold winter in Russia (claims that are pretty much as baseless as the ones that Messi can't handle the physicality of the PL/cold winter night at Stoke...).

Meanwhile, Villa has excelled for four different clubs. He has shown that he can be great for different teams, even for teams who fight to avoid relegation, not to mention that he has an incredible international record. Until Ronaldo proves that he can excel in a team where he's not surrounded by world class players (like Gijon and Saragoza) and wins the Euro and the WC wiht Portugal, he can't possibly compare with David Villa.

I know this is absurd, but it is the same kind of logic used to elevate Ronaldo above Messi :lol:

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
Well, I don't think Eto'o and Villa are better than Ronaldo, but it's very easy to "prove" that using the same "logic" as Cristiano's fans use to claim he's better than Messi. You know, the thing about Ronaldo having proven himself in two leagues and Messi only being good at Barca.

You can easily use a similar logic and claim that Eto'o has shown his worth in three different leagues and that Cristiano would struggle with the defensive style of the Serie A and couldn't handle the cold winter in Russia (claims that are pretty much as baseless as the ones that Messi can't handle the physicality of the PL/cold winter night at Stoke...).

Meanwhile, Villa has excelled for four different clubs. He has shown that he can be great for different teams, even for teams who fight to avoid relegation, not to mention that he has an incredible international record. Until Ronaldo proves that he can excel in a team where he's not surrounded by world class players (like Gijon and Saragoza) and wins the Euro and the WC wiht Portugal, he can't possibly compare with David Villa.

I know this is absurd, but it is the same kind of logic used to elevate Ronaldo above Messi :lol:

What about the logic that Messi cannot really be placed in the same league as Pele and Maradonna (and even Zidane) , because he never won the World Cup. According to this "logic", Messi can only be ranked next to Cruyff, Best, and DiStefano.

If this "logic" is extended to its logical conclusion, then Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Andreas Brehme, Valdano, Biscuits, Petit and Barthez are better than Messi somehow...

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
It's not so much that Messi hasn't won the world cup singlehandedly that gets people, it's the fallacy that the Argentina NT is good and so people can't understand why he isn't dominant the way he is in league play.

I refuse to consider Messi the greatest of all time because he's 24. If he pulls a Ronaldinho and decides he likes cheeseburgers and beer more than football and is washed up before he turns 26, then it's hard putting him in the same league as players who dominated for a decade.

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
It's not so much that Messi hasn't won the world cup singlehandedly that gets people, it's the fallacy that the Argentina NT is good and so people can't understand why he isn't dominant the way he is in league play.

I refuse to consider Messi the greatest of all time because he's 24. If he pulls a Ronaldinho and decides he likes cheeseburgers and beer more than football and is washed up before he turns 26, then it's hard putting him in the same league as players who dominated for a decade.

True that.

But he has dominated so much, in such a short period, that considering him as the GOAT, is not preposterous. Not by any means.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou

haha this!

M

mitkoa7x

absolutely god damn right!

well, actually, maybe Messi's Mega-Run in the Semi-Final against Madrid.

The goal against merda should be goal of the season hands down. It was really important (got us to the CL final), versus a great opposition, impossible to pull off for someone who isnt la pulga and it was in front of their own fans. TOMA! ahaha i can watch it 100 times per day and never get tired of it :worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans