10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joffess

you call what I and a few other posters have posted EXCESSIVE crticism?????

don't be so over dramatic and read what was posted again.

'EXCESSIVE criticism' :lol:

I don't think you are entitled to comment on someones choice of words, especially when you keep strengthening your arguments, by saying that our players have weird body language.

hemakesmemessi

It's so infuriating reading the comments from people saying

"I cant belive im reading the last few pages....a real fan would appreciate messi for all he's done...clean it up....ban them"

This is a public forum for public opinion and freedom to spread that opinion, hopefully with some thought.

I havent read anyone who is criticising messi as a player, only saying that recent performances havent been his best, it does not make you any less of a Messi or Barcelona fan if you can point out that he looks a bit sluggish or is performing below his usual standards. He is still being just as effective as many have said. And he is still during these 'poor' performances, when he chooses to be, head and shoulders above the rest.

Its not like anyone is saying he is not an amazing player or that he should be dropped, get some perspective and open your mind to some critique.

K

kroki223

Messi played on the midfield, not as an attacker. You should accept it. He played well. When he was near the gate, he didn't receive the ball. Iniesta could have given him the ball, but he didn't. I'm glad, that Messi didn't do so many dribbles, becasue he could have injured.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I honestly can't believe some of the things I'm reading here, you think Messi had a bad game? He had a perfect game, he was almost flawless. He didn't score, but he wasn't supposed to score either. Yesterday Messi didn't play as an attacker, therefor you can't hate on him for not shooting or scoring any goals.

He was a midfielder, that's why he played that deeply. Like some one already pointed out, I don't think he lost the ball once yesterday, he dragged away with a lot of defenders (That's why both Alexis and Iniesta had so many chances even tough Madrid parked the buss). And on top of that he got a perfect assist which decided the game for us. And let's not forget that he had some crazy portugeses on steroids after him the whole match.

I'm not saying that he was MOTM, I'm just saying that without him we would've lost badly yesterday.

krustydemotivate.jpg

he was great. and the scoop assist was positively Ronaldinhoian.

Yugi

magic = delivered
madrid = raped
but still
trolls = fed

this guy is worthy, one moment of magic and you can just write this :worthy:

jamrock

he keeps adding layers to his game, to become an even more unstoppable force, its not just a matter of if he scores anymore, he can hurt you in so many ways, I miss the messi that would do those amazing dribbles, but I love this messi, that's probably the most complete player since maradona.

Layer on top of layers.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
he keeps adding layers to his game, to become an even more unstoppable force, its not just a matter of if he scores anymore, he can hurt you in so many ways, I miss the messi that would do those amazing dribbles, but I love this messi, that's probably the most complete player since maradona.

Layer on top of layers.

well said

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

Layer on top of layers.

Hatem Ben Arfa

If it was just me... But I won't bother trying to reason with you anymore. You don't listen and think you're always right, so nothing to do here.

quote me where I am being EXCESSIVE like you say. please I would love you to show me my this.

I don't think he played well aside from an early shot and the assist
I don't think he was pressing at all during the game (Alexis' pressing made it stand out even more)
I don't think he had any of the energy that we normally see from him
I don't think he made enough movement or runs off the ball to get into space to receive the pass and that is why he had a very quiet game on the whole
I don't think his bodylanguage/demanour looked like that of a Messi that is happy with everything.

those are the things I noted about him during the game. But apparently I'm not allowed to make note of such things because it is EXCESSIVE in your book!

He's my favourite player FFS! I'm just telling it how I saw it.

Last edited:

Yugi

ok, you are just telling us how you seen it, thank you for your insight HBA and some people are telling it how they seen it
can we please fucking move on? I dont want to read another walls of text and let those praising posts on Messi fall into oblivion

K

kroki223

I think Messi made it right. He didn't want to be injured. Real players can play dirty. Let see yesterday Carvahlo, Pepe, Coentrao and so on. He didn't dribbled so much. You will be able to see him, when he doesn't play against real. Messi's play starts to turning. I think you are right, that he isn't so happy. Let be patient, and you will see a wonderful Messi soon.

B

barcelonista

He was heavily manmarked. And if he tried to dribble his way through anyway, Coentrao, Pepe or Carvalho were right there to kick the shit out of him. His ball retention was exquisite, he created space by just being on the pitch and he produced a moment of magic. I don't know where the expectation comes from that he constantly needs to do a Getafe like dribble (probably because he sat the bar so high). This is Real Madrid in the Bernabeu playing with 7 defenders coached by a defensive expert coach who's only focusing to stop Messi. The fact he still decided the game with that lob shows who's boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans