10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixer

And again... Leo has no partner to play with. He lost the ball with every touch he did. He made some good passes to Tello when he came on but thats all.

I am sure we need someone new. A new version of Ronaldinho. Someone who can do tricks and dribble good. Someone fast and agile. He's name is Neymar.

We need a change to suprise the opponent.

Barcilliant

And again... Leo has no partner to play with. He lost the ball with every touch he did. He made some good passes to Tello when he came on but thats all.

I am sure we need someone new. A new version of Ronaldinho. Someone who can do tricks and dribble good. Someone fast and agile. He's name is Neymar.

His name is Falcao/Cavani not fucking Neymar-PLEASE.

AURELIUS

The same Neymar who was nullified by man marking in the Libertadores ?

The hysterical over reaction of some of these responses is priceless. It's almost a reverse of the situation when Messi was 'doing' it for Barcelona but couldn't do it for Argentina.

It was obvious to anyone why he wasn't doing it for Argentina. Wrong formation, poor coach and wrong playing personell around him. Yesterday there was once more a chronic lack of width (Alba once and Alves just a few times with rather average crosses)of getting to the byeline or someone attacking beyond the last defender.

At least Iniesta was in the centre of midfield and eventually found Alba.

This is no time to panic. The team can still beat AC Milan.

AURELIUS

To me his work-rate just wasn't up to stratch especially when you compare that to Ronaldo. You can clearly see that Cristiano plays with a chip on his shoulder because he's got to prove to everyone that he's the best player and you don't see Messi playing with that same edge.

He can work all he likes because he isn't the best player. Did you watch Portugual versus Ecuador ? Two amazing goals. Is this sarcasm from a poster ? A penalty and a simple tap in when all the work was done by di Maria ? Not to mention all this hype around his free kicks ? Messi's was still more accurate.

People still fail to realize he has been exceptional with Argentina where he has width in di Maria and two quality players ahead of him creating space and passing lanes for him in Kun and Higuain. And he was running pretty freely and fast against Sweden.

AURELIUS

Don't say he doesn't care when he does. Every player goes through bad form. Can't believe this forum sometimes. If a player is doing well for us he is the next best thing since sliced bread, but if he isn't doing well, then you hear "BENCH HIM".

Couldn't agree more. The fickleness of football fans never ceases to amaze me. Also their short memories and inability to actually comprehend the reasons as to why it is happening at club level but internationally he has been sparkling.

Perhaps the club should get Sabella to coach the side and sign Kun, di Maria and Higuain.....:p

T

tariqo

He can work all he likes because he isn't the best player. Did you watch Portugual versus Ecuador ? Two amazing goals. Is this sarcasm from a poster ? A penalty and a simple tap in when all the work was done by di Maria ? Not to mention all this hype around his free kicks ? Messi's was still more accurate.

People still fail to realize he has been exceptional with Argentina where he has width in di Maria and two quality players ahead of him creating space and passing lanes for him in Kun and Higuain. And he was running pretty freely and fast against Sweden.

+1

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Official: Messi has fever and doesn't train, Xavi is having physiotherapy and Song is training individually #fcblive - Barcastuff

I feel sorry for him, This management has fucked our dream team :(

Me55i D105

Sad to see people losing faith in Messi when he has carried the team for two seasons now and was one among few who at least did something yesterday. Pathetic in my opinion, he is doing the best he can with what he gets, be it so in national team as in club. He might bed godlike but he isn't a god, far from it and as any legendary player he needs his team, something which didn't exist yesterday.

But the league is probably already won which is at least something and I hope these losses will show that changes need to be done and will be a start of a rejuvenated Barca. Don't forget that their coach and their fellow player got into some serious health problems which of course affects them. They will either rise stronger from this or crumble until Guardiola comes back with a new president who will give him free reign like Laporta did.

Sad to see people losing faith in Messi when he has carried the team for two seasons now and was one among few who at least did something yesterday. Pathetic in my opinion, he is doing the best he can with what he gets, be it so in national team as in club. He might bed godlike but he isn't a god, far from it and as any legendary player he needs his team, something which didn't exist yesterday.

+1

ShandyFFM

guess messi has no space at all.. yesterday was a good example again he went into the midfield to get some passes.... so we have no striker infront when messi does this but on the other side i have to admit its just incredible how much madrids players did run yesterday.. messi workrate is getting worse imo compared to ronaldo its a joke perhaps its a lack or his status as best of the world that he thinks he can chill a bit more than the others. the think wich bothers me most is that barcas attack play is all about pressing... but with messis work rate it seems like he doesnt press at all

Garrus

Typical game where he totally disappears. He makes no effort to vary his game in the slightest. Should look to Ronaldo or the hundreds of other players who adapt to situations even though they're not half as versatile as Messi. He's nowhere close to the Messi of 2 years ago.

Still waiting for his "beast mode" though rofl. He's probably saving himself to score 5 vs Depor
Vary it in what way?, Do you have some clear options in your head, Or is it just a statement you threw just for the sake of your comment, If ronaldo and hundreds!!! of other players are adapting, Give us an example, Show us a picture, A video, , And please enlighten us about the various ways that messi should have varied his game, I'm anxiously waiting to hear the full details, If such thing is ever going to happen.
You're free to write what ever way you like, But next time try to put some real meaningful content and statements, Instead of a comment that might as well be in the 'Troll quarantine' thread.

Last edited:

Doobs

The Messiah
It seems people don't understand the concept of man-marking. He "disappears" because he's being man-marked ffs.

Of course dropping deep to influence play is not "adapting" to them either.

Garrus

554963_546995065341236_1489703573_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans