10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

A lot of players are better at certain aspects than Leo, but none of them is that consistent and extremely good at all aspects.
For example I think Laudrups vision was better, but he was
nowhere near the player Messi is imo.

J

jiopi

Yeah Laudrup was known for his vision and passing skills, but I would say Messi is at least on par with him.

Some numbers

Laudrup European Cup/ Champions League, 19 assists in 69 games, 0,28 apg
Messi Champions League, 23 assists in 79 games, 0,29 apg

Mitchell1978

Messi is the best at seeing/creating the openings (or he sees them quicker then others) and setting up people to give them a chance to score. The ball is almost where it needs to be to give the other player a chance to score. In that way his vision is the best imo off course there are other aspects to vision. He's not the best at 'playmaking', organising the play, the midfield, people like Xavi and Pirlo are better at that.

mixer

Best player ever: Maradona
Best finisher: Ronaldo
Most talented player : Ronaldinho
Most consistent player: Messi ( best player today).
Ronaldo is the best finisher? He scored 62 goals from 435 shots last season, Messi scored 75 from 254 shots :lol: (if you mean CristianoRonaldo, not the brazilian one)

Also, best player ever: Messi / Best finisher: Messi / Most talented player: Messi / Most consistent player: Messi (best player today).

J

jiopi

Part of Messi's vision comes from the fact that he was born with the ball. When dribbling he doesn't need to concentrate on it like others, and he can use this concentration to evaluate the game ahead, scan the players and so on, and then release the killer ball in exactly right time.

Meitux

Only if Messi had people who can finish chances imagine how many assists he could got..Im curious to see what will be with Neymar

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't care what anyone else here thinks, but Ronaldinho has the better passing and vision. In fact I feel his teammates at Atletico truly waste his passes. You guys just day Messi is the best because you want him to be the best at everything in this sport. That's not true. Just comes with the hype I guess.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I'm not saying he's 100% the best at passing/vision but he's among the top 3 in the world. Saying Ronaldinho ever was/is better is more hype than calling Messi the best at it.

J

jiopi

Messi had 36 assists (wide rules) 11-12 season, with godawful Villa, Pedro and Sanchez. Hopefully he will have a season like that, and with Neymar, current form Sanchez, and if Pedro can muster some of his form, I think he could hit 50.

ShandyFFM

I know its a bit older this vid

Question: Who is the best footballer you ever played against ?
Rafael Van Der Vaart: Messi, he killed us !

AT:1.57

raskolnikov

Thats why assists dont tell the whole story, you cant tell me Mata has better vision than Messi, I have seen passes from him that Özil or Mata cant do, like the zaragoza pass or several against madrid, like the Xavi pass in the 1-2 game.

J

jiopi

I've seen pretty much every type of final ball from Messi multiple times, long lob, short lob, long pass, short pass, inside foot, outside foot, back heel, chest pass, header pass and so on. But I've not seen this kind of perfectly weighted ground balls that cut through whole teams from anyone else.

Messi%20pass%20team%20Villa%29.gif

Messi%20pass%20Team%20Tello.gif

:lol:

Iniesta a better dribbler.
Ronaldo a better finisher.
Ronaldinho is more talented.
Messi can only dribble at high speeds.
Messi's passing is average.
Messi has poor vision.
Messi dissappears in big games.

Loads of crap I have been hearing lately..

At this rate, I reckon it won't be much till people start saying Messi is only better than C.Ronaldo at finishing anyway and that we should make a swap deal with Real. :facepalm:

I never said Messi's vision and passing were average, I've said that that's what separates Messi from any other top scorer in the world. Messi disappears in big games? He has is some games , but I don't of any great player who hasn't . The rest? You got that right

Ronaldo is the best finisher? He scored 62 goals from 435 shots last season, Messi scored 75 from 254 shots :lol: (if you mean CristianoRonaldo, not the brazilian one)

Also, best player ever: Messi / Best finisher: Messi / Most talented player: Messi / Most consistent player: Messi (best player today).

:452: you will never hear me call Cristiano Ronaldo "Ronaldo." There is only one Ronaldo, the rest? They are just copies.

On and by the way, Messi has an average of 2 goals per season against madrid, whereas Cristiano has an average of 3 goals per season against Barcelona. Should we trust these single stats to say Cristiano is better than Messi in the clasicos? Or course not, there are many other things to clasicos than simply goals. "Isolated" Stats don't always tell the whole truth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans