10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

I assume he can resume his scoring streak in the league once he returns?

record probably ended now, last year he scored 10 consecutive games but since he missed gijon in between cause of 5x yellow, yet there was barely any news on him reaching the same number s Martin and Ronaldo.
Thats why I feel they look at the games rather than the players games.

Kerrybai

record probably ended now, last year he scored 10 consecutive games but since he missed gijon in between cause of 5x yellow, yet there was barely any news on him reaching the same number s Martin and Ronaldo.
Thats why I feel they look at the games rather than the players games.
I remember that but to me it seems wrong, either way his away streak has not ended.

K

Karnivore

I only tune in to watch Barcelona because of Messi, shame he won't be playing this weekend, Barcelona are painfully boring to watch otherwise. Crap weekend ahead in fact, Sky have some real stinkers on with the exception of Utd/City, and that's Monday.

J

jiopi

12-13 La Liga without direct contribution (goals+assists-own goals ;) )

1. 47 Atletico Madrid (Falcao -14p)
2. 45 Real Madrid (Cronaldo -17p)
3. 40 Barcelona (Messi -35p)

As a reference last season Messi contributed 35p and Cronaldo 25p.

12-13 La Liga without direct contribution (goals+assists-own goals ;) )

1. 47 Atletico Madrid (Falcao -14p)
2. 45 Real Madrid (Cronaldo -17p)
3. 40 Barcelona (Messi -35p)

As a reference last season Messi contributed 35p and Cronaldo 25p.

And then they said Messi is nothing without Barca...

Last edited:

Papabeef

The entire system is built around Messi. Of course he's not "nothing" without Barça, but he's certainly worse.

I strongly disagree that the Barca system is built around Messi, maybe the system suits him but defo not built around him, unless by built around him you mean players have more faith in him and tend to pass to him more than other players in a 50/50 choice.

Messi had 12 goals for Argentina last year, i dont think that was really "worse" than with Barca.

fendiking

More than anything the barca system restricts messi as IMO he is the most devastating counter attacking player but yet he has to tiki taka his way to goal

More than anything the barca system restricts messi as IMO he is the most devastating counter attacking player but yet he has to tiki taka his way to goal

I wouldn't take it that far, but IMO he carries the team more than they carry him (which is what many people think happens).

Any good team would compliment Messi. Barca is completely Messi dependent, but that's not just because the rest of our attack is average, its mostly due to Messi being Messi, he'd be vital anywhere

Any good team would compliment Messi. Barca is completely Messi dependent, but that's not just because the rest of our attack is average, its mostly due to Messi being Messi, he'd be vital anywhere

I wouldn't say the rest of our attack is average. Villa's a great striker too. Pedro/Sanchez have been shit this season though.

Agree that we are dependent on Messi though, like you said, mainly because Messi is Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans