10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcanuck

Put too much pressure on the kid with the penal. It was a mistake from Leo. Now villareal think a 2-0 score is realistic compared to 3-0. Can't messi aroubd with giving away penaldos in cup matches. Hope it's not a lesson that we regret in the second leg.

Kerrybai

Put too much pressure on the kid with the penal. It was a mistake from Leo. Now villareal think a 2-0 score is realistic compared to 3-0. Can't messi aroubd with giving away penaldos in cup matches. Hope it's not a lesson that we regret in the second leg.

Really disagree with this, Neymar thrives under pressure. Pressure makes him take his game to a new level, I don't think he would have been much affected at all. An if he had scored then you wouldn't be calling it a mistake... hindsight is a wonderful thin but Neymar is arguably a better penalty take than Messi, so letting him take it wasn't an unnecessary risk or whatever, sometimes players just miss.

barcanuck

Really disagree with this, Neymar thrives under pressure. Pressure makes him take his game to a new level, I don't think he would have been much affected at all. An if he had scored then you wouldn't be calling it a mistake... hindsight is a wonderful thin but Neymar is arguably a better penalty take than Messi, so letting him take it wasn't an unnecessary risk or whatever, sometimes players just miss.

That was his first ever penal for barca. That's pressure as he has never been in that situation. It's not a good move by Leo and criticism is due.

Kerrybai

That was his first ever penal for barca. That's pressure as he has never been in that situation. It's not a good move by Leo and criticism is due.

Not a chance he missed due to pressure, Neymar fucks up when there is no pressure ( see the bilbao game ). He plays better under the spotlight. Sometimes players just miss, nothing at all to do with pressure. Besides it was 3-1, it wasn't to win the game.

barcanuck

Not a chance he missed due to pressure, Neymar fucks up when there is no pressure ( see the bilbao game ). He plays better under the spotlight. Sometimes players just miss, nothing at all to do with pressure. Besides it was 3-1, it wasn't to win the game.

No but as I said 2 nil is much more doable for villareal and it will make them fight more. Messi doesn't miss two penaldos in a row so no reason to let ney take it. If it was a league match I'd laugh it up but this is first leg of a semi.

Henry_IB

Banned

He played just fine in confederation cup and the world cup at home stage where a whole nation was expecting him to do miracles. Doubt a cup game where we are already up 3-1 is too much pressure for him. He simply did a bad penalty.

Kerrybai

No but as I said 2 nil is much more doable for villareal and it will make them fight more. Messi doesn't miss two penaldos in a row so no reason to let ney take it. If it was a league match I'd laugh it up but this is first leg of a semi.

But Neymar is second on the list for penalties '"Messi let Neymar take penalty? Normally, Leo takes it. Ney is second on the list. But the players can decide on the pitch'. It's normal for a team to have 2 penalty takers. Also he is better a penalties than Messi, you do realise how many penalties Messi has missed in the Copa right??

He has missed something like 4/6 penalites in the Copa. Neymar should probably start taking all our penalties at some stage.

It's Ridiculous blaming his miss on pressure considering how well this kid plays under these circumstances.

Also Messi has missed something like 4 out of his last 8 penalties. I give full credit to Messi on this one, it's very unselfish to give up your spot kick to another player, he did the same for Ibra back a few years ago. This time we just got unlucky. Neither player deserves any criticism in this scenario. Blaming Leo for giving a world class footballer a chance to score from 12 yards :lol: Especially a footballer who is a better spot kick taker, and then saying it was too much pressure for the kid who ran riot in Brazil with his entire country watching him :lol:

Last edited:

spark

It wasn't his first penalty. 1 year ago against the same team:

Asenjo confirmed after the game that he remembered where Neymar put it last time and so he guessed that direction on this occasion.

barcanuck

^All is saying is messi doesn't need to decide to be nice to ney in a cup match with an away goal conceded. This is my only criticism of him in my life.

barcanuck

^Leo shying away from a penaldo is not what a leader does. He missed his last penal and shies away from next one. Need to bury it so he can forget his miss.

No biggie we won just some slight criticism.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I don't see it as shying away. Ney was having a bad day, it is probably best for neymar to gain some confidence by scoring that one. Not the first time it had happened. Neymar is a better penalty taker, messi made the right choice. If you see it as shying away so be it, as long he takes good decisions I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans