10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublehh03

It is so obvious when he does not care. Especially when he is out on the right. Lazy Messi today. :p

He was lazy (Ray Hudson was joking about how Messi was just chilling applying sunscreen and drinking water motionless) lol. But I think games like this help him conserve his energy (rather than him resting by sitting out) b/c teams do have to be aware of his presence.

He exerts himself when need be. He wasn't bad by any means, but his work rate wasn't at its best.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I would like to see him in the center in such games. He would probably tear shit up for a whole half and rest the other because the game would be won in those 45 minutes. When he is chilling on the right he is not involved at all. I think half of his touches/passes were in that one sequence when he played 1-2s with Neymar and someone else. And it would help Neymar to gain confidence like he needs right now.

^
That is only for the "easy" league matches where Leo decides to rest the whole game.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He was lazy (Ray Hudson was joking about how Messi was just chilling applying sunscreen and drinking water motionless) lol. But I think games like this help him conserve his energy (rather than him resting by sitting out) b/c teams do have to be aware of his presence.

He exerts himself when need be. He wasn't bad by any means, but his work rate wasn't at its best.

Agreed. This is how he manages his energy and commitment nowadays. This season it is very clear how he gives a lot more in the big games, and in the smaller games preceding and succeeding those big games - he rests and/or recuperates.

I would like to see him in the center in such games. He would probably tear shit up for a whole half and rest the other because the game would be won in those 45 minutes. When he is chilling on the right he is not involved at all. I think half of his touches/passes were in that one sequence when he played 1-2s with Neymar and someone else. And it would help Neymar to gain confidence like he needs right now.

^
That is only for the "easy" league matches where Leo decides to rest the whole game.

I think him being on the right is a lot better, that way his laziness does not affect the game as much. Being in the centre sort of defeats that purpose, because then he would have to be involved in the game in order to not be counter-productive. Losing the ball on the wings is also safer than losing it in the middle.

L

linetty

It´s offside but it´s not blatant like someone said. C´mon, be serious.
That miss near the end..that was blatant. Could have been 28 :( Some great passes, Pedro missed an easy one in the end.
It was blatant if you know the rules. It's easy, if the goalkeeper is out of his line there have to be 2 defenders behind the ball.

B

beautifulgame

Has nothing to do with goalkeeper.

Simply two players from defending team.

Goalkeeper or striker makes no difference

hardyboy

2 goals behind penaldo now in the race for Pichichi..He would probably surpass him against Rayo if Penaldo doesn't score against Villarreal..

Ritchie

A bit of a Penaldo type game for Messi. Got lots of shots away but was set up for a tap in to get on the scoresheet. He had a great game in the week though.

In terms of a rest the ideal time would be the international break but no doubt Argentina will call him up and play him both times. They should want Messi fresh for the Copa America though.

Gaudi

LE needs to plan rest for our front 3. firts Neymar, maybe now in Copa, then Messi and Suarez. we will have no use of jaded front 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans