10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I hope he can undo some damage caused by Penaldo by scoring 3-4 goals today. Come on, my little magician!

raskolnikov

Lets not get drawn in by a statistic pissing contest again. The most important thing is Messi leading us to team awards.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
For once I really prefer he takes it easy and be carefull with the foot, i'll take a global good perf from the team and a win :)

Stric

BdO voters are more likely to take into account how many goals one has scored by the end of the league season, rather than by the end of the year. The number simply gets stuck in one's mind better. The voters aren't required to vote according to absolute values.

DinhoR10

People vote on their feelings for that thing more than numbers imo. Last year it "felt" like ronaldo far outstripped messi goal wise while in actuality the difference was inconsequential. It felt like ronaldo did more because his team won but if you actually looked at it he was inconsequential in the final two rounds of the cl and was not in the final at all for the copa. Messi carried his team but to some Ronaldo had a good world cup even though he did jack shit. Messi lost last year not to ronaldo but to his past self imo, he made people expect too much of him.

F

Flavia

Messi is still recovering from his injured foot. And it's Celta away, not granada at home... He most probably won't score today.

doublehh03

He has to stay fit to win it. Also if Ronaldo scores more, and wins more, he'll get it.

People are finally recognizing Messi this year as more than a goal scorer, which is laughable. He didn't score in games v. Man City or Athletico but was still lauded for his performances. If he keep sthis up and Ronaldo can score all his goals, Messi will win it.

Again, it still baffles me that it took until this year for people to see Messi's overall greatness.

And can we stop comparing the 2 on this forum? One is a great goal scorer (Ronaldo), and one is the best player of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans