10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaGirl

I'm really happy for him, but he really needs step it up against Germany. This will be the biggest game of his life ...Vamos Leo!!!

DinhoR10

He had three defenders on him the entire match but still created some really good chances I think he chipped it for palacio for his weak header too, he needs to score on Sunday though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He will need to play the best game of his life in the final. The players that will be marking him are all the best in the world in their position. They really, really need Di Maria back.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
He will need to play the best game of his life in the final. The players that will be marking him are all the best in the world in their position. They really, really need Di Maria back.

Di Maria was missed in this match. They NEED him for the final. I just hope he gets the green light.

DinhoR10

If Di Maria is back then he'll have much more space, Di Maria basically does what iniesta does for him in freeing him up to let him do his thing.

Alarcón

Holland marked him well and support from his team is downright abysmal but let's be real, he should do much better. His workrate was below zero and it's only accepted as long as they keep winning. Whatever the problem is, I hope he'll fix it and pick it up next season at Barça.

raskolnikov

Messi's conditioning sucks, he is basically done after 60 minutes and just walks around. Really hope Lucho is able to get him into shape.

DinhoR10

Holland marked him well and support from his team is downright abysmal but let's be real, he should do much better. His workrate was below zero and it's only accepted as long as they keep winning. Whatever the problem is, I hope he'll fix it and pick it up next season at Barça.

He seemed to have drive atleast, in every game he delivered in the dying moments only this one maxi didn't finish it.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

I think it has to do with the fact that Messi was out so long with an injury in 2013. When he returned, Tata didn't give a fuck about the Barca players' fitness levels or tactics. Combine this with a fear of reinjury (since each time he reaggravated his injury, it was when he was accelerating into a run) and you have Walking Messi. A Messi who no longer has quite the level of stamina he used to have and as such plays a lot more conservatively. Hopefully Lucho can fix this.

SeloBarca

Slow without and with the ball. Its like he has lost all speed.

If theres something with him physically, he gotta seek help with it, and others gotta tell him to get help. Its been going on for 2 years now.

Messi playstyle has never been to run alot without the ball, but its become so much worse. He never beats a man 1 on 1 anymore, he never outruns a player like he used to.

Hes the Captain of Argentina, you really have to demand more from him. And no, its not his teammates, they run like hell over the field, but its not easy when Messi doesnt help to open up space for others.

Sure, hes older, but Robben is 30 and has much higher workrate, and is now quicker then Messi with and without the ball, which is very strange.

Its easy to defend against Messi nowadays. At the start, Holland marked him with 2 men, but after a while they noticed they didnt have to and just pu 1 player on him, and at the end they didnt mark him at all.
They just ran to him when he got the ball and took the ball from him.

You cant live on good finishing alone.

Last edited:

FC B

BsIwkRNIYAE2DmL.png

Yes!!! Terrible game, still create a few chances. Hope he gives his all in the final.

Yep, hope he saved himself for the final :party1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans