10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcanuck

Yup him becoming a member is huge. He wants the board out and I feared he would leave if they don't go. With Rosselll now gone it helped!

Morten

I feel like Messi is entering the 2nd phase of his career. The first phase I would consider to be 2007-2013. In this phase, he was all about his insane goal-scoring and the ability to dribble through scores of players. Now it seems like he is changing his playing style just a tad bit. He is looking to be more of a provider and more about efficiency. Remember those insane amount of times he would just refuse to pass the ball to Pedro or Villa (and for a good reason) ?

Now, he has new-found motivation. I expect 2014- until he reaches 32 or so to be another set of magic years. With Suarez and Neymar he knows he has proven goalscorers. I can see him refining his assist abilities even further, with him playing more like an AM just behind Suarez and Neymar. I think he won't score as many goals, but I definitely see him setting insane assist records with Suarez and Neymar in front of him. I think overall, this would certainly set him apart as a GOAT player in many people's eyes (for those who still think Maradona/Pele are better than him).

Nah, i would say 2009-2012 was a phase on it own. He was still deadly in front of goal, but he was more involved in the play, better at dribbling and passing, dominated the games more and better in the big games. After that he became a true stat machine, maybe even more effective than before, but some of his overall game was down a notch, in some games he actually dissapeared, which didnt happen earlier. Still very good in most aspects, but thats just how i feel, for me the best of Messi was 2009-2012. His goalscoring record was ridiculous, but i felt he was overall better before.

serghei

Try to enjoy him for who he is, there is no turning back.

I think (more or less) all people on this forum are well aware of that. However, we can't deny the fact that it's not feasible anymore to build our whole game around him. That's where Neymar and most notably Suarez should come in handy.

FC B

I think (more or less) all people on this forum are well aware of that. However, we can't deny the fact that it's not feasible anymore to build our whole game around him. That's where Neymar and most notably Suarez should come in handy.

+1

CatalinR10

gave an goat assist , gave some superb passes , his control when he was fouled in the penalty area was sublime , got a player sent off .....and missed a penalty.

Football is unfair , he deserved the goal.

aki13

He played well.

Was quiet to start with, but then took control of the CAM role and a lofted through pass to assist Neymar.

Then a penalty miss (Poor one too)

Then a cheeky assist for Sandro

Finally scoop/chipped a right foot goal over the GK

Nice game

8/10 for me for Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans