10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nike money will be all but spent after we renew Messi and Neymar. Busquets, Rakitic, improved contract for Masche, etc.

serghei

They're probably upset that more and more people are starting to recognize Messi as the best ever. As they are retired, talking shit about Messi is the only way to react. People are very protective with their legacy so I can understand it up to a point.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
i respect his opinion, Messi might be the best player but he is no leader as if I want to compare him to someone like Puyol.

[tw]740926653732392960[/tw]

He's an idiot. Hope Messi shits on him, because he will get asked about this probably already tomorrow as Maradona's stupid comments are making headlines. It's already been reported several times that Messi hasn't talked with him since his days as Argentina's NT coach. Messi can't stand him and you can't really blame him.

Last edited:

serghei

i respect his opinion, Messi might be the best player but he is no leader as if I want to compare him to someone like Puyol.

There are more types of leaders. Puyol is one kind, and Messi another kind. When you are the best player in a team you automaticaly are a leader of that team through example and through the actual performances you are displaying on the football pitch.

So, while he is not a vocal leader, as in the alpha male who would command the team with his never back down attitude, he provides that calmness to his teammates, which comes from the fact they know Messi is playing FOR them, not against them. That's always an advantage to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans