10 - Lionel Messi - v5

BusiTheKing

If Ronaldo starts bad in Juve, there will surely be a narrative that he was only good because he was so supported at RM.

If he went to the PL, where players are much more scrutinized and where most popular opinions come from, it could severely harm his legacy. I don't know about Italy, though. Most likely it will still be goal tally and CL performances that decide how he's evaluated.

But is he even leaving at this point?

FCB1987

Banned
If Ronaldo starts bad in Juve, there will surely be a narrative that he was only good because he was so supported at RM.

If he went to the PL, where players are much more scrutinized and where most popular opinions come from, it could severely harm his legacy. I don't know about Italy, though. Most likely it will still be goal tally and CL performances that decide how he's evaluated.

But is he even leaving at this point?

Madrid didn't have an amazing midfield or full backs in his first seasons there and he still performed well. Him struggling at Juve would only prove that 34-35 year old Ronaldo needs great teammates to perform.

RMU ReBorn

Madrid didn't have an amazing midfield or full backs in his first seasons there and he still performed well. Him struggling at Juve would only prove that 34-35 year old Ronaldo needs great teammates to perform.
One la liga and one CDR till 2013. Messi after Xavi left and Iniesta became a ghost of his past = 2 league's , 3 CDR's . Now before you bring in Neymar and Suarez , Real had prime Ozil Di maria to feed Ronaldo

FCB1987

Banned
One la liga and one CDR till 2013. Messi after Xavi left and Iniesta became a ghost of his past = 2 league's , 3 CDR's . Now before you bring in Neymar and Suarez , Real had prime Ozil Di maria to feed Ronaldo

Using trophies to judge a player's individual performance.....

I hope you're not seriously comparing prime Neymar and Suarez with Di Maria and Ozil.

I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make? Madrid didn't have a totally stacked world class squad in most of Ronaldo's first few years and he still performed extremely well, just as Messi has in over the past 2-3 years with weakened Barcelona squads.

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Using trophies to judge a player's individual performance.....
what's the individual performance you are talking about ? 30+ goals a season . Ok in that aspect he was great . Just that he wasn't as good as 31 year old Messi playing with slow busquets , Andre Gomes , Paulinho , and Suarez who has past his prime

FCB1987

Banned
what's the individual performance you are talking about ? 30+ goals a season . Ok in that aspect he was great . Just that he wasn't as good as 31 year old Messi playing with slow busquets , Andre Gomes , Paulinho , and Suarez who has past his prime

He was scoring 50-60 goals while still performing well in general play. I don't think he was as impressive as Messi the past two seasons, but he still proved he could be play at an extremely high level without the best midfield or full backs in the world supporting him.

LordLichtenstein

Hmm..

Neymar eliminates PSG from Champions League and joins them the season after.

Ronaldo eliminates Juventus from Champions League and joins them the season after.

Valverde better not play Messi in Champions League next season!

Home of Barca Fans