10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah, one of the highlights of the game. I still believe he was looking for Jordi Alba's run rather than Iniesta. Messi is absolutely the perfect Xavi, the way he sees open spaces and his long pass accuracy. Wow!

The shot was definitely misplaced. Messi's good but not an actual mindreader and couldn't know the player would make an individual mistake there and not intercept the ball.
It is possible the ball was intended for Iniesta but Messi had a different trajectory in mind I think.

henias

The shot was definitely misplaced. Messi's good but not an actual mindreader and couldn't know the player would make an individual mistake there and not intercept the ball.
It is possible the ball was intended for Iniesta but Messi had a different trajectory in mind I think.

So you are an actual mindreader now? lol. It's either for Alba or Iniesta and either way it's still pretty fking good. He has always gone for risky passes where the first attempt obviously failed and he gone for a different option the second time.

Nothanks

the original pass in the gif was meant for suarez?? or whomever was leading the line in the middle

the volley is incredible but the quick reaction and picking out a secondary option is more impressive.

henias

the original pass in the gif was meant for suarez?? or whomever was leading the line in the middle

the volley is incredible but the quick reaction and picking out a secondary option is more impressive.

Yes the original was meant for Suarez and then switched to Iniesta, which is pretty impressive.

Meatball

Hahah, about the second pass there's no point discussing whoever he intended to pass the ball to cuz for a volley pass like this, the line between failure and success is measured by miliseconds. So, he probably didn't think much about which teammate he d pass to, he just used his Goat instinct and reflex to do the job. Maybe Im wrong. Just throw a ball up in the air the same height as in the vid, wait for it to fall down then kick it and you ll realize how hard it is sometimes to just touch the ball with your feet. I bet my house CR7 d even occasionally miss the ball in situation like these.

Hats off to the Goat for making such things look so easy

henias

I'm 99% sure that the 2nd pass was meant for Jordi Alba

Look closely, Jordi Alba didnt even run before Messi volleyed it, he wasnt even in his line of sight so not likely.

It's very easy for you to say he meant it for Alba because you are seeing the full picture, but u have to think it from his perspective.

Last edited:

Sekou

That pass was intended for Iniesta just the way he played it, you would think after all these years people here understood who we're dealing with :messi:

sickstar

Of course the second was for Iniesta. If it was for Alba he would probably lift the ball instead of power volley it.

Please guys, just how many times had we see Messi run along the sides before making no look back diagonal pass, and it come straight for his partner, to slam hard. Barca's latest El classico.

In many occurences it's as if he watched the game from the TV.

Last edited:

dakt

Of course the second was for Iniesta. If it was for Alba he would probably lift the ball instead of power volley it.

Please guys, just how many times had we see Messi run along the sides before making no look back diagonal pass, and it come straight for his partner, to slam hard. Barca's latest El classico.

In many occurences it's as if he watched the game from the TV.

I think that ball was intended for space in front of Alba. Passing that to Iniesta would be a stunt not worth of risk.

Home of Barca Fans