10 - Lionel Messi - v5

clemente

He doesn't need a rest, he was playing like this whole last season, this one will be no different, you don't get that exhausted covering 5km per game.

Ritchie

He wants to play constantly and coaches cant say no. He needs to sit out against Espanyol.

Penaldo has sat out the last few Copa Del Rays and been fighting fit for the CL.

It's no use winning the Copa if a fresh Real and Ronaldo are lifting the CL again.

Messi shouldn't be playing two leg Copa Del ray ties all through Jan and into Feb. Second legs maybe if he's needed.

Last edited:

soul24rage

Penaldo has sat out the last few Copa Del Rays and been fighting fit for the CL.

It's no use winning the Copa if a fresh Real and Ronaldo are lifting the CL again.

Messi shouldn't be playing two leg Copa Del ray ties all through Jan and into Feb. Second legs maybe if he's needed.

I agree with what you said, but since we only have one more Copa del Rey tie before a potential Final, I would start him on that game. What I would do is rest Messi in Laliga games before any champions league ties, but I bet you that EV will still start him.

JamDav1982

You made this claim before about Ronaldo never playing Copa Del Reys before semis or Real playing second string until then which was shown to be false.

BBZ8800

You made this claim before about Ronaldo never playing Copa Del Reys before semis or Real playing second string until then which was shown to be false.

CDR matches:

Messi:
2015: 6
2016: 5
2017: 7
2018: 4+2

CR7:
2015: 2
2016: 0
2017: 2
2018: 0

RMU ReBorn

27336866_951037318384131_174835995857282088_n.jpg

Ritchie

that's because real madrid has been knocked out early in the copa, otherwise ronaldo would have played more.

The point is it's kept him fresh for the CL.

Real were eliminated in the quarter final so he could only have played one game anyway thus far (semi first leg).

Ritchie

I agree with what you said, but since we only have one more Copa del Rey tie before a potential Final, I would start him on that game. What I would do is rest Messi in Laliga games before any champions league ties, but I bet you that EV will still start him.

Well yeah we could afford to do that with the lead we have, leave him out the next two league games so he's fresh for Chelsea and the second leg next week seeing as it's now the semi.

It's more that Messi should be able to sit out more in the early rounds.

Home of Barca Fans