10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Sorin

didn't expect them to be this clueless.

Yeah, you'd expect better from The Guardian but there are over 200 clueless journalists watching 15 games a year at best voting for this kind of list.

With Messi I sort of expected it, he's evaluated against himself not the others, but there's some shit like Ter Stegen being around 50 with keepers like Courtois, De Gea, Lorris, Alisson being above him for this year. Like hell was he worse than these 4 fucks. Umtiti below Ramos with RM leaking goals left, right and center. Alba is below 60. Absolutely ridiculous.

raskolnikov

didn't expect them to be this clueless.

They just look at cl vs eliminated vs Roma = higher than Messi. Blinded by that bicycle kick that succeeded after 1000 times.
Ronaldo got carried by his team to cl victory after the quarters, crashes out of the wc and only showed up in la liga when it was over.
I often feel he gets ranked by name due to popularity and the narrative of Messi/Eonaldo being way above the rest. So riding messi’s coattails basically since he isnt above the likes of Lewandowski, Suarez or kane at this point.

Kul_z

442 standings for players of the year:
4. Modric
3. Mbappe
2. Cunt7
1. Gandalf

Finally some recognition for a hell of a year he had

Shreddy

“Jurgen Klopp has revealed that the only selfie on his phone is with Lionel Messi, with Cristiano Ronaldo snubbed.

“I have only one selfie on my smartphone. That's with Messi. Cristiano was in the room as well...”

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Did go GOAT with that beautiful finish, tho. And the passes for the first goal. Not a bad 1st half, but obviously a step down from the last game.

FCB1987

Banned
He looks a bit more dangerous when he starts more towards the right. He's been walking around next to Suarez a bit too much so far.

Still a very good half though

pregra

Mint finish. By shooting that early the keeper had no chance. Hopefully him taking it easy isn't him resting up for the Copa :lol:

Home of Barca Fans