10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Cule4life

The Culest
We all KNOW years from now Ronaldo will be hailed as an equal (if not better) to Messi, when he's nowhere near his talent just cos of Messi's laidback mentality.

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

Some of you disgust me, he just had one of the best seasons ever and thats what you guys go on about.

I don't like Valverde or the board either, but barça's entitled fans are just as much of a problem.

Cule4life

The Culest
Some of you disgust me, he just had one of the best seasons ever and thats what you guys go on about.

I don't like Valverde or the board either, but barça's entitled fans are just as much of a problem.

You can fuck right off with your holier than thou attitude. Nobody is bigger than the club not even Messi.

People are not criticizing him for his performances genius. It's his backing of Valgreen. One call from him and Valgreen would be gone. He's the captain of the club. Yet he's as laidback about his and Barca's legacy, like those frauds Rakitic and Busquets.

Entitled? Is hoping for good football with a billion dollar squad and not being humiliated two years in a row being entitled according to your holiness?

Mitchell1978

You can fuck right off with your holier than thou attitude. Nobody is bigger than the club not even Messi.

People are not criticizing him for his performances genius. It's his backing of Valgreen. One call from him and Valgreen would be gone. He's the captain of the club. Yet he's as laidback about his and Barca's legacy, like those frauds Rakitic and Busquets.

Entitled? Is hoping for good football with a billion dollar squad and not being humiliated two years in a row being entitled according to your holiness?

Whatever mediocrity is coming barça's way once he retires people like you deserve no better.

Cule4life

The Culest
Whatever mediocrity is coming barça's way once he retires people like you deserve no better.

Atleast once he retires we'll be rid of Messi fanboys like you and only true Barca fans will remain.

We all know with this board in charge, we'll turn into AC Milan once Messi goes. Just have to hope Victor Font wins.

MTL_Barca

Messi is the only reason to watch Barca these days. He is the best of all time and this season showed how much he can carry all on his own, it's incredible what an impact a single player can have in this game. If it wasn't for him Barto and friends would've probably already driven Barca into ManUtd style mediocrity years ago so yes if the board post Messi era is equally bad then there will be hard times ahead of us for sure.

But he also want's it this way with defending Ernie and all that "dressing room wants this, dressing room doesn't want that" bullshit so it's not like Messi isn't also a small part of the problem here.

Neymessi

The problem is actually blind fans like you who would blow Messi no matter what he does and defend him.

No one is criticizing him for the performances, he is being bashed for his backing of EV. What is so tough to understand here?

Devils

Messi doesn't have to carry this team lmao.

We've had four players added over the past two years (Dembele, Coutinho, Vidal and Arthur) who before joining Barca were considered to be among the top three players for their respective teams. The same will be the case for FDJ when he arrives who is another player who was among the top 3 players of this incredible Ajax team.

Messi needing to carry Barca is the biggest myth there is because there is so much proven talent on this Barca team that is not being utilized.

We don't know how much influence he has over the squad selection or starting players but we do know for certain that 1) He backs TEFLON ERNIE and 2) He wants Suarez to play alongside him.

Those two reasons are more than enough to hinder Barca's potential and significantly increase the reliance on himself. So yeah, while I appreciate what he does, he carries responsibility for this mess as well.

Lmao if you believe otherwrise.

Last edited:

Judoman

Messi deserves to be heard when it comes to potential transfers. No question about that, he earned this.

But, it s the job of management to secure the best possible players/staff for the present and the future, even if some of their decisions are not in terms with Leo s wishes. His wishes shouldn t be a priority!
If our coach is not up to the task (clearly he isn t), board should find and secure the best possible replacement, regardless of senior players wishes. They have their own agenda and their wishes shouldn t be a priority.

The thing is that instead of being less dependent on Messi s production, we are going in the opposite direction under Valverde. Our gameplay equals Messi s form. This makes us predictable and unadaptable, which is why we loose important elimination games. You stop Messi, you beat Barca. This is the way to go if you are playing against us in CL or against Argentina.

We fall in the definition of insanity if the board chooses to ignore this fact for one more year.

Pedro

La Masia
Messi 18/19 - 51 goals

Ronaldo 18/19 - 28 goals

Leo has scored 96 goals under EV in the 2 seasons.

Last edited:

ab739

There's no doubt messi has more power than he should have and its ruining the club. they are all friends who have been playing together for many years and protect each other by not allowing any good new player to join who is a real competition to a member of Messi's friends club
that is why they bought that Prince guy instead of a striker who could steal Suarez's spot and rakitic is irreplaceable.

snowy

Way I see it, buck stops at the top _ if I'm the Prez, then I'm in charge and that's it!

As a commander, you have to be self-assured and draw boundaries. Hell if I'd let 20 smthg spoiled idiots even dream of putting pressure on the club.

Judoman is right, Messi deserves respect for all he's done and I'd have many a pow wow with the dude cuz I like him a lot :) I'd tell him my vision for the club and then, we'd talk about golf or I dunno, the latest asteroid sighting ;)

when it comes to big decisions and steering the ship, there's only 1 bossman and it's Moi! I'd rule it commando style and all mutineers would walk the plank :pirate:

Set up a chain of command and run it spartan style and transfer ageing players way before they start declining to get max value :cool: So far that, would also need a top scouting department.

Every1's making fun of our club now and rightfully so cuz Barto turned us into this mega budget el seniors cocoon flop med who gets flap slapped by clubs a 10th its size! Dude should read some Sun Tzu. Battle was lost before it even began

We lost all street cred and even with Messi, there's zero fear factor left. Small teams coming at us full blast, hungry to make a name for themselves.

We need to find the eye of the tiger back and give the fans the inspiration they deserve. And if we lose, so what! but let's lose fighting with fire and passion ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 ̿̿’̿’\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪●)=/̵͇̿̿/’̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

Potroh

Messi deserves to be heard when it comes to potential transfers. No question about that, he earned this.

I tend to agree, but as a matter of fact nobody should ever earn such privileges that turn a hierarchical system upside down.

There are geniuses in a school, prodigies as well, but it does NOT mean they can freely choose their teachers or their classmates.
If that happens, it's not a school anymore... It simply becomes a dictatorial territory of the chosen ones...

We fall in the definition of insanity if the board chooses to ignore this fact for one more year.

But they will ignore almost everything as it seems.

Home of Barca Fans