10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Obiaseti

Only caught him in the second half but he was flawless. Great work rate too. Unlucky not to end up with 4. In fairness Spurs kind of played into his hands tbh.

soul24rage

this is why he must rest (or even a half) before a CL knockout game. even if he plays 5km, it still takes a toll on him. We need Messi at 100% in every CL game to have a chance.

KingLeo10

His stemina can’t sustain this kind of 10km per game.

Great game bybhim today, 120% effort.

I'd rather he save it all for CL away games.

we only need 3 of these games from him from feb - may to see us to the final. and after that, we usually don't lose finals....

Givenchy

cant ask any more from him today, he was running around like a madman fighting for everything. he wasn't kidding when he made that CL speech at the start of the season

malvolio

he was a man on a mission tonight. absolutely savage!

i'm starting to think he likes valverde or something, with the way he tries to bail us out.

KingLeo10

So my question turns into, I wonder why he doesn't rest before big games more often.

IMO he isn't obsessed about his legacy as someone of his talent should arguably be. even in the WC we only saw a fired up messi in the nigeria and france games.

ini4ever

Pressed so hard, gave all he could basically, he's really different when he's rested before a CL game. Hope himself and EV realize that and get more rest before CL matches espcially k.o ones.

XaviV

What a masterclass from the best player in the world.

My brother asked me on Monday who I think is the best player right now:

Me: Messi! I beliieve he is still playing and has not retired.
Brother: I mean, who's in best form at the moment
Me: Messi
Brother: Messi is not in his best form
Me: Yes, but he's still the best player on the football fields.
MeSSi (tonight): Yes, I am GOAT.

Home of Barca Fans