11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jair Ventura

Racism is a disgusting part of Spanish football.

All the top clubs have fans guilty of it Barcelona included although I would guess Atletico worst I can remember.

You get morons in all supports. Spain needs to deal with it.

Yea, the UK is so much better: See Chelsea supporters in Paris. Realistically, racism is pervasive in Europe and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

He should get his afro back. It made him GOAT. It would also send a powerful message too

He's too self hating to wear his fro for any extended period of time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hate towards people of darker skin with some people in Spain stems from history. From 8th century when Christian Kingdom of Visigoths was run over by Moors from Africa. Occupation and struggle lasted for centuries and animosity remains rooted deep with some populations and gives them "justification" for bigotry.

It's not absolving them from anything but implications and circumstances are not same in different places on planet.

JamDav1982

Yea, the UK is so much better: See Chelsea supporters in Paris. Realistically, racism is pervasive in Europe and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

What the fuck are you going on about?

Quite clearly said you get morons in all supports and those Chelsea fans you mention were tracked down and banned. Will anything happen to the fans in Spain that do it?

Not saying racism doesn't exist in other countries of course it does but instances like monkey noises etc are not dealt with in the same way as in a lot of other countries and it is more widespread.

Jair Ventura

What the fuck are you going on about?

Quite clearly said you get morons in all supports and those Chelsea fans you mention were tracked down and banned. Will anything happen to the fans in Spain that do it?

Not saying racism doesn't exist in other countries of course it does but instances like monkey noises etc are not dealt with in the same way as in a lot of other countries and it is more widespread.

I thought I was clear: racism and prejudice are pervasive throughout the whole of Europe, not just Spain. My statements were a reaction to your own:

The Brazil striker Neymar has refused to apologise to the Scottish Football Association for complaining of racist abuse during a match against Scotland at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

The SFA chief executive, Stewart Regan, wrote to the Brazilian federation request an apology for Scottish fans, which he said would be welcomed either from Neymar or from the federation. However, Neymar has claimed he did not single out Scottish fans after the match. Consequently, he said he would retract his remarks.

A banana was thrown on to the pitch and landed near Neymar, who scored both goals including a late penalty as his team won 2-0. Metropolitan Police have concluded it was thrown by a German student sitting in the area of the stadium reserved for Brazilian supporters. The confirmation that no Scotland supporters were involved led the SFA to defend the Tartan Army fans' group, who Regan claims were "genuinely upset and annoyed".

Neymar, who also felt he had been subjected to racist jeering, posted a statement on his official website today.

He wrote: "I was surprised on Thursday by a letter from the Scottish FA, in which they demand an apology from me or from the Brazilian Football Confederation regarding the incident involving a banana thrown toward the field during the Brazil v Scotland friendly on Sunday 27 March. Stewart Regan says that the 'accusations' made after the match cast doubt on the reputation of 'good-humoured and respectful' Scottish fans.'

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/apr/01/brazil-neymar-scotland-racism-claims

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Yes, but there could at least be a law. We all know that laws aren't always followed, especially not in an insanely corrupt country like Spain, but in principle the people COULD be in problem even without a footballing referee writing the incident in his match report?

Espanyol's president is denying the chants. That's all that is done there, people deny the problem all the time. I really doubt anything will happen.

JamDav1982

Yip and I was clear from my post as well that all clubs have moronic supporters not just clubs in Spain.

So you were wrong.

The difference being that monkey chants etc are more widespread in Spain and culprits seem to get punished less.

Totally irrelevant link again but well done. Even worse for you it was a German that threw that banana and SFA were correct not to apologise. Hence why Neymar took the comments back.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Espanyol's president is denying the chants. That's all that is done there, people deny the problem all the time. I really doubt anything will happen.

In Brasil the club could face being banned from domestic competitions, the manager and or club fined, and the perpetrators banned from the stadium. Happened to Gremio not too long ago.

Jair Ventura

Yip and I was clear from my post as well that all clubs have moronic supporters not just clubs in Spain.

Indeed, you were clear:

"Racism is a disgusting part of Spanish football."

Implying that it is different elsewhere. My comments serve to contradict your stance.

The difference being that monkey chants etc are more widespread in Spain and culprits seem to get punished less.

Totally irrelevant link again but well done. Even worse for you it was a German that threw that banana and SFA were correct not to apologise. Hence why Neymar took the comments back.

The link illustrates that Neymar has received similar treatment in the UK as he has in Spain, and his comments actually were:

"Yes, I did lament the fact, condemn any and all prejudice, but I repeat, at no time did I accuse anybody. So I do not understand why I have to retract what I said. The requirement from the Scottish, after all that happened, seems somewhat ironic, since, if there has been prejudice, it is us, the players, who should 'require' a formal apology."

JamDav1982

Indeed, you were clear:

"Racism is a disgusting part of Spanish football."

Implying that it is different elsewhere. My comments serve to contradict your stance.

The link illustrates that Neymar has received similar treatment in the UK as he has in Spain, and his comments actually were:

"Yes, I did lament the fact, condemn any and all prejudice, but I repeat, at no time did I accuse anybody. So I do not understand why I have to retract what I said. The requirement from the Scottish, after all that happened, seems somewhat ironic, since, if there has been prejudice, it is us, the players, who should 'require' a formal apology."

Neymar suffered no racism from anyone British in that game actually.

The Brazilian FA admitted it was nothing to do with racism the jeering he received. So yes any claims of racism were retracted by Brazilian FA.

Yes I do without doubt think racism at football is more accepted and less clamped down on in Spain compared to UK.

Nowhere did I say racism doesn't exist elsewhere. It exists everywhere but in Spain it is a real problem as those that act that way never seem to get caught or any real effort to change things.

Couldn't care less if you don't believe me just listen to the likes of Alves or Etoo.

Really sad day when the response to saying there is A problem with racism is to point out it exists elsewhere.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Neymar suffered no racism from anyone British in that game actually.

Ok:

"Speaking after the game, Neymar had said the banana incident was "sad" and claimed he had been the subject of vocal abuse from spectators, which he felt was racist. He told the Brazilian television channel Sportv: "The entire stadium was jeering. This atmosphere of racism is totally sad."

"We leave our country to play here and something like this happens. It's sad. I'd rather not even talk about it, to keep the subject from escalating."

The Brazilian FA admitted it was nothing to do with racism the jeering he received. So yes any claims of racism were retracted by Brazilian FA.

They did?

Yes I do without doubt think racism at football is more accepted and less clamped down on in Spain compared to UK.

Nowhere did I say racism doesn't exist elsewhere. It exists everywhere but in Spain it is a real problem as those that act that way never seem to get caught or any real effort to change things.

Couldn't care less if you don't believe me just listen to the likes of Alves or Etoo.

Or I could listen to John Terry and Jamie Vardy.

Really sad day when the response to saying there is A problem with racism is to point out it exists elsewhere.

It's an even sadder day when your glass house shatters. But its all good, we can agree to disagree.

JamDav1982

Yip Neymar got it wrong and equated the jeers as racism which it had nothing to do with and rather Brazil FA admitted that. Look it up.

You are quoting comments Neymar was wrong on. No racist jeering was recorded or reported that day from anyone British.

Jeepers how many times - racism exist EVERYWHERE but it is a joke how little Spain does to clamp down on it.

You just sound like an apologist to be honest.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Less about self hate and more he fact he wants to have different hairstyles and the fact that people know him by his trademark, but yeah those chemicals are thinning his hair you can see it already.

The GOAT hasn't rocked his Curry fro since 2009!! Well up until his buzz shave now it's gone and I'm kinda upset about that.

Kuchi

All that matters is that he continues on the path he started when Messi got injured. Against Asspanyol, he looked like his old self sometimes, kind of unfocused, loosing some balls and limiting his actions to bringing the ball close to the box and looking for Messi.

I hope it was all due to the lack of fitness, due to traveling and New year champagne.

Looking forward to his next game, to prove it was just a bad spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans