11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

He played a very good game. Unlucky a couple of times. Some great dribbles and some very good passes. That inside of the foot shot after comming inside form the left is his trade mark. Could have scored 2 golazos from there. One shot hit the crossbar and the other went inches from the right post. Oblak was ball watching, had no chance to save any of those shots had they been on target.

Good game, but after 3 seasons why has nobody told him that "dribbling" diagonally towards our own goal is freaking useless. Just pass the bloody ball to the midfielders.
But yeah, could have had a hattrick today but for poor composure (headers) or just being unlucky (the two curlers that hit the post and went just wide).

One of those diagonal runs got Torres his first yellow. I say it worked.

Neymessi

:lol:

Neymar has been underwhelming ever since the Bernabau Clasico in November. He finally had a decent half against a good team again yesterday, so I can see why people are overreacting. His finishing is still an absolute joke and to not get that header on goal at this level is unacceptable. He just can't score these days, I swear.

I disagree. Been underwhelming since last classico? You must be joking. And him missing those chances are really not a biggie.Those headers are tough to pull off.Nothing that can be regarded anywhere near as sitters. Not saying that suarez and messi suck but they both miss as much as him. Suarez missed a chance what even i could finish against RM. Does that make him a bad finsher? Messi has been missing a lot too. I can bet neymar has missed less 'sitters' than suarez and messi this seasion. Neymar has been doing a lot of playmaking and has been doing fine. There is no way you can single out neymar and make him the scapegoat.

Neymessi

I think we have to accept that neymar is not a prolific goalscorer.
Last season will probably be his career high, he misses far too many chances for far too long now.
He's only at 27 goals now, messi who was injured has 37, suarez who missed at least 15 sitters in the season so far has 39.

Just because suarez has missed more sitters and has more goals than ney doesn't mean its because ney has missed more sitters.

Jadentheman

Good game, but after 3 seasons why has nobody told him that "dribbling" diagonally towards our own goal is freaking useless. Just pass the bloody ball to the midfielders.
But yeah, could have had a hattrick today but for poor composure (headers) or just being unlucky (the two curlers that hit the post and went just wide).

Because that's more of a taunting dribble to get players to foul him. Which in turn gets them a Neycard like with Torres

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I disagree. Been underwhelming since last classico? You must be joking. And him missing those chances are really not a biggie.Those headers are tough to pull off.Nothing that can be regarded anywhere near as sitters. Not saying that suarez and messi suck but they both miss as much as him. Suarez missed a chance what even i could finish against RM. Does that make him a bad finsher? Messi has been missing a lot too. I can bet neymar has missed less 'sitters' than suarez and messi this seasion. Neymar has been doing a lot of playmaking and has been doing fine. There is no way you can single out neymar and make him the scapegoat.

Really? :lol:

Don't even know if I can't be bothered, but come on, man. Since December he has been showing up here and there in some games against the likes of Sociedad, Bilbao, Valencia etc, but he has been looking uninspired most of the time and especially in some of the big games against Atletico (league), Arsenal, Real Madrid, Sevilla etc.

Him missing that header is a big thing, and I didn't say he had to score it, but at least get it on goal. He had so much space there against Juanfran and when the result is that Atletico score first then it matters even more that he couldn't do better.
I don't know if he missed more sitters than Suarez, probably not, but I'm sure he missed way more than Messi who has been the our most reliable player in front of goal for some months now.

FinBarcelonafan

He would be the best player in the world, IF he could finish better. Can you imagine Neymar being as good finisher as Messi? He would be the best by far.

He should ask for tips from Messi...

Last edited:

mark1nhu

Good game, but after 3 seasons why has nobody told him that "dribbling" diagonally towards our own goal is freaking useless.

It's clear that he is always trying to force opponents to get carded.

And yesterday it was nothing less than useful.

Neymessi

Really? :lol:

Don't even know if I can't be bothered, but come on, man. Since December he has been showing up here and there in some games against the likes of Sociedad, Bilbao, Valencia etc, but he has been looking uninspired most of the time and especially in some of the big games against Atletico (league), Arsenal, Real Madrid, Sevilla etc.

Him missing that header is a big thing, and I didn't say he had to score it, but at least get it on goal. He had so much space there against Juanfran and when the result is that Atletico score first then it matters even more that he couldn't do better.
I don't know if he missed more sitters than Suarez, probably not, but I'm sure he missed way more than Messi who has been the our most reliable player in front of goal for some months now.

I can't be bothered to get each match performance too of his into light but you yourself said he is able to do well against small teams. As for big teams he did very well against arsenal, both legs. As for Real madrid all 3 of MSN were crap not just him. He was the better player yesterday too for me as suarez was literally invisible for the whole match while he kept trying and actually did well. As i said before he hasn't been that amazing but he hasn't been bad as you say he has and one cannot single out neymar out of the 3. All 3 have been having bad and good games.

As for finishing and that header being a big thing i can only lol. Finishing isn't the only thing a player needs. He shares the burden of playmaking as much as messi and he has been doing pretty fine in that department. And its not like he only playmakes and doesn't finish. He has scored goals too but sometimes they don't go in. Messi just missed a similar header in the game against bolivia. What I want to say that it is extremely normal to do that.You are making it sound like he did a torres. If you are really frustrated about missing easy chances then suarez missed something way more easier against RM. Remember that outstanding pass neymar made it to messi against arsenal? Messi missed that too. And these are just some misses from the top of my head that were much easier than this neymar header you keep talking about. What I want to say is all 3 of them miss. You just can't single him out.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What's his excuse for looking dead tired and playing sub par? He didn't play last qualifier for Brazil and returned earlier to Barcelona.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What's his excuse for looking dead tired and playing sub par? He didn't play last qualifier for Brazil and returned earlier to Barcelona.

Was awful in the first half, but played very well after the break. Coming close two times to scoring as well as creating chances.

Dude is incredibly fit, it shows in the dying minutes.

I think a lot of the criticism has to do with pretty unreasonable expectations following his stupendous run of form last fall.

JamDav1982

He was one of the most energetic players on the park in second half. Certainly was trying to make things happen and moving more than Suarez or Messi.

Had a very good second half.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There was also a chart posted here recently where it showed he covers 10k m on average. Suarez 9k m and Messi 7.5k m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans