11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I dont think there is this clear idea of what a Real Madrid or Barca player is though.

There may have been slightly more out going characters at Real and quieter players at Barca not to any extreme level.

I dont agree with any Neymar/CR7 comparisons either. Neymar is far more of a team player who knows his role and is a better passer/dribbler than Ronaldo. Two very different players with different attitudes to the game.

But MaxY wasn't talking about attitudes to the game, but rather the type of persona off the pitch, and he's not wrong about that, Neymar would have fit like a glove in RM (extra-sportingly speaking, no lw/lw argument).

Also Brazil has 200M people who bread football, you bet your ass that uncle Perez is having wet dreams about Neymar given the player he's become and what's yet left to come :)

JamDav1982

But MaxY wasn't talking about attitudes to the game, but rather the type of persona off the pitch, and he's not wrong about that, Neymar would have fit like a glove in RM (extra-sportingly speaking, no lw/lw argument).

Also Brazil has 200M people who bread football, you bet your ass that uncle Perez is having wet dreams about Neymar given the player he's become and what's yet left to come :)

He named a lot of things both on the pitch and off it and others tried to compare them as well.

Even then this idea that Barca players all keep a low profile off the pitch and Madrid players behave like celebrities is not black and white anyway.

You get out going 'celebrities' at Barca and quieter players at Real just maybe a slight difference.

mark1nhu

He named a lot of things both on the pitch and off it and others tried to compare them as well.

Even then this idea that Barca players all keep a low profile off the pitch and Madrid players behave like celebrities is not black and white anyway.

You get out going 'celebrities' at Barca and quieter players at Real just maybe a slight difference.

Nothing is black and white.

We are making a generalization, led by a recent pattern on both teams. Of course there are outliers.

JamDav1982

Nothing is black and white.

We are making a generalization, led by a recent pattern on both teams. Of course there are outliers.

I dont think there is that pattern to any great extent and Real are not filling their team with celebrity types and Barca with choir boys to any great degree of difference.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I dont think there is that pattern to any great extent and Real are not filling their team with celebrity types and Barca with choir boys to any great degree of difference.

Again, that's not the point, the question was does Neymar have the caracteristics to be a "galactico", the answer is YES!

JamDav1982

Again, that's not the point, the question was does Neymar have the caracteristics to be a "galactico", the answer is YES!

Again, people seem to be pigeon holing what a 'galactico' as some kind of celebrity lifestyle/status away from park.

The vast majority of big money 'galacticos' were not like that nor have the vast majority of signings by Real in recent years. It is a lazy generalisation.

Messi would be the biggest 'galactico' they could ever sign. They wanted Suarez, Iniesta, Bartra, Villa etc.

Not that big a difference in players the clubs want.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pique has as many characteristics as Neymar to be a Galactico tbf

Surely more than the likes of James, Bale, Kroos

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
When you consider the original galácticos, Beckham was the only "celebrity" and Ronaldo was the only that liked to party hard, yet that wasn't their defining characteristic as a whole... They were called galácticos because they were high profile players joined together in the same club, just like we had "the fantastic four" with Ronaldinho, Messi, Henry and Eto'o (even if that didn't work much) or our current trident being referred to as the "three tenors"...

Even in the superior being second coming, Kaká was the second biggest galáctico, and we all know he doesn't fit the perceived profile of a diva...

I think the negative perception of the term galáctico comes from the poor results they have achieved for their club and Flo's way of conducting business and all his over the top marketing schemes (coining the term itself), not the personality of the players...

mark1nhu

MaxY was not talking about him being a galactico player, neither did I.

We were talking about off pitch lifestyle.

In my eyes Barça players are generally more reserved and less narcissistic.

He is a outlier.

Alik

Well in that case, Alves, Ronaldinho, Zlatan, and to an extent Pique and Cesc, are/were outliers too.

Neymessi

In the 'general' view,neymar does look more like an RM player than a barca player with his on and off pitch characteristics.He's with barca though and it could not have been better for him or us.

iceon

Most people here indeed rate Romario ahead Ronaldo. Including myself.

About Zico, our user friend above just have to be kidding. Only Flamengo fans rate Zico THAT high.

He was a great player, of course. I even rate and LIKE him higher than Roberto Dinamite, symbol player of my club.

But I was in 6 different Brazilian states, at least 10 different cities, and he is no way considered the 4th Brazilian player of history by most people here.

That's the bias in you though. ;) I can easily say that had Zico and the 82 team won the World Cup he'd be ranked around 3rd on the list. Ronaldo for me is ahead of Romario because of the simple fact that in terms of career Ronaldo had a better one despite being injured for almost two straight years. If it hadn't been for those injuries I think he'd be the only one in the last twenty years to come even close to Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans