11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Yeah no, R9 is a legend, but not a Barça legend.. or not any club's legend for that matter, given how he played for every rival of every team he played for ( barça / real, Inter / Milan ..), he's the ultimate Judas.

Vegeta

His performances were legendary, but he is not a legend. You can have legendary performances for a team and not be a legend.

D

damunk

He's a Real Madrid legend mate.

Regarding R9 Ronaldo. Mehssi is right. He did not stay at clubs. He kept moving.

He is still an all time great if not the greatest footballer that I have ever seen. The only player that makes me doubt that is Messi.

But it feels good as Messi is one of the top guys and also R9's fave route player today. I think that comparison should never be made as it takes away what is beautiful about the game.

The other Ronaldo on other hand.... debate/compare all you like :D

Antimadridista1

Regarding R9 Ronaldo. Mehssi is right. He did not stay at clubs. He kept moving.

He is still an all time great if not the greatest footballer that I have ever seen. The only player that makes me doubt that is Messi.

But it feels good as Messi is one of the top guys and also R9's fave route player today. I think that comparison should never be made as it takes away what is beautiful about the game.

The other Ronaldo on other hand.... debate/compare all you like :D

Did I say that he didn't move from a club to another one ? You didn't read what I wrote.
Ronaldo is Madrid legend, he stayed there 5 years and made history there.

You don't have to say a whole career at a club to be a legend .
Ronaldinho stayed five years in Barcelona and he's a barcelona legend thanks to all he achieved .

D

damunk

Inter Legend, Madrid legend although was past his prime but still a good player. Brazil Legend. National cup competitions is where he made his mark the most.

Talking about national. Neymar is on course to beat all goal scoring records for Brazil the way he is going. And the goals are spectacular too.

I remember thinking Neymar could have been another Robinho when he was at Santos. So glad his career has turned out better.

bismp

Inter Legend, Madrid legend although was past his prime but still a good player. Brazil Legend. National cup competitions is where he made his mark the most.

Talking about national. Neymar is on course to beat all goal scoring records for Brazil the way he is going. And the goals are spectacular too.

I remember thinking Neymar could have been another Robinho when he was at Santos. So glad his career has turned out better.
Yeah,but he has to win a world cup to be compared to other brasilian legends like Pele,Garrincha,R9,Ronaldinho etc

Goals don't matter if you don't win titles.When you ask who is the greatest player to play for Argentina,everyone will say Maradona and not Batistuta.Same will apply for Leo if he doesn't win a WC(we are talking about argentina national team only,not in general)

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I do not know if RM fans consider Ronaldo a Madrid legend. He won two Pichichis which are nice personal accomplishments but they only managed to win one league title (and a half) and we won the CL and were the dominant Spanish team while he had been there.

Bran the Greenseer

47 goals in 49 games in his first season leading us to 3 trophies at 19/20? He's a legend bro. Theres no other way to describe his time at Barca other than legendary he may not have been as infuential on the club as Ronaldinho or Messi but not even Messi was able to Replicate what he did so I doubt his achievements will ever be beaten.

JamDav1982

47 goals in 49 games in his first season leading us to 3 trophies at 19/20? He's a legend bro. Theres no other way to describe his time at Barca other than legendary he may not have been as infuential on the club as Ronaldinho or Messi but not even Messi was able to Replicate what he did so I doubt his achievements will ever be beaten.

I would not have Ronaldo as a Barca legend, not even close.

Phenomenal player who had a phenomenal season and chose to leave.

Each to their own about what makes a legend but for me Ronaldo doesnt fit the bill.

What has Messi failed to achieve that Ronaldo did at Barca?

Bran the Greenseer

I would not have Ronaldo as a Barca legend, not even close.

Phenomenal player who had a phenomenal season and chose to leave.

Each to their own about what makes a legend but for me Ronaldo doesnt fit the bill.

What has Messi failed to achieve that Ronaldo did at Barca?

He couldn't replicate his achievements at the same age. It took Messi till 2010 to match R9 and he was 23(24/22?) at that point 2-3 years older than Ronaldo was. Not that i'm trying to downplay messi bringing that up to hit home the fact that what Ronaldo did at Barcelona is likely to never be replicated again atleast not within the next decade.

JamDav1982

He couldn't replicate his achievements at the same age. It took Messi till 2010 to match R9 and he was 23(24/22?) at that point 2-3 years older than Ronaldo was. Not that i'm trying to downplay messi bringing that up to hit home the fact that what Ronaldo did at Barcelona is likely to never be replicated again atleast not within the next decade.

Messi more than matched Ronaldo at that age, he was arguably Barcelonas best player and helped the team to more trophies including league and a CL.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Except the fact that Ronaldo left Barcelona. Messi stayed and has lead us to much more and better.

Messi is a FCB Legend. Ronaldo is not.

Bran the Greenseer

I never said Ronaldo was better than Messi or more legendary than Messi. It doesn't matter that R9 left the fact still remains that his time at Barca, a random 19 year old came in and destroyed spain and won the WPOTY at 20 is the stuff of legends. Me bringing up messi was a comparison to highlight just how great Ronaldo was at Barca. Even MESSI, the greatest player to ever don a barca uniform didn't do what he did even though he beat every other record by a barca player or will basically, while Ronaldo's achievements will stand the test of time and that's why he's a legend for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans