14 - Javier Mascherano

shann

Xavi es mi hombre
"Hodgson knows what the truth is. Later I will tell the truth because a lot has been said, including lies."

oooh

shann

Xavi es mi hombre
Interesting, though I hope that does not detract from anything. Liverpool is behind him now

From what I've seen I don't think we'll have any problem from him, attitude wise. Liverpool fans can bitch all they want about how he left but Masche never not give 110% on the pitch for them even though he had been wanting to leave for the past 2 years. He sacrificed a lot coming to us and I think his family being on his side this time will be a great motivator.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting, though I hope that does not detract from anything. Liverpool is behind him now

Agreed. He needs to put it behind him asap. Besides, Liverpool are a class club and we don't need anyone causing bad blood between Barca and them.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Not that Mascherano's attitude was 100% acceptable because Liverpool did treat him well from a professional standpoint, but Masch was primarily looking out for his family with this move as his wife and children should be much happier in Spain. It sure beats forcing a trade because the coach won't coddle you.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Nice to hear that he took a paycut to come here, it shows the new board isn't prepared to be bullied by players when it comes to wages.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
More than 5000 people were at Camp nou . Remember it wasn`t pre planned. The doors were opened and people gathered in spontaneously ! so Cheers .

Btw Liverpool declined to hand over salary figures and some documents to FCB , untill we close transfer market.

Cheers !

Hektor

Hi Everyone:

That is the true Mascherano that we all love for the Argentine National Team: the ultimate team player, unassuming - no ego - , never raises his voice at any teammate, but a fierce competitor on the pitch that gives his all in every single game. He is the one that defended Messi to the end and without reservations, when Lio was having so many problems, with the national team, and people doubted his abilities.

The main difference is that the National team is built around Mascherano - it is Masche and 10 others. In Barcelona he will have to integrate himself to an already established top-notch team. For example, he is my favorite player, by far, and I'm stoked having him with Barça, my team. However, that is all I can wish for. How much he plays, it is all up to Mascherano.

He did take a pay cut compared to what Liverpool offered him in his contract extension that he never accepted. His wife, for the most part during his stay in Liverpool, lived in Buenos Aires. She did threaten him with a divorce if he did not changed teams. In addition, playing with Barcelona, was indeed his dream. Guardiola is one of the players he modeled himself after.

Best regards,

Hektor

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans