14 - Javier Mascherano

Hellsangel

I think Mascherano can prove to be a great option at CB for us. He has the pace, the tackling, the positioning, the bravery and the technical qualities to play on that position in our system. And it's not like we defend on the 18 yard line, so his lack of height won't be a disaster.

iookram

I think Mesut Ozil must be a very relieved man right now, knowing that he isn't gonna get smashed by Mascherano... Until the Copa Del Rey final.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
^ Well, Keita is quick and strong, so it's a decent idea. I mean, he's quicker than Busquets, and it would allow Busquets to play in his usual role. And I think Keita would be smart enough to play in a position he isn't used to.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
^ Yeah, I know. I think he can. The problem is, though, that Keita might be too inclined to put pressure on the man on the ball. But I think Keita could learn to play as a center back.

zanela

Keita only knows to play one position - box-box MF. There is a reason he refused to play LB in the CL final, the man is well aware of his limitations and though this match is less significant in the title race than initially anticipated, his inclusion as a starting CB will only be detriment to the team. He lacks the tactical nous to slot at CB (as Barcetia pointed). His positioning can be a suspect, not the brightest in terms of reading the game and not very assuring on the ball either. And you can't 've such deficiencies in a high-line defence like ours.

Its Fontas time. I know he is young and inexperienced. But a safe bet when looking at all the options available. He's a natural CB, knows how our defence operates, and you can always expect 100% from a canterano in a match against the arch-rivals. Not to forget he would give C.ronaldo an inferiority complex. :p

Last edited:

10messi

Keita only knows to play one position - box-box MF. There is a reason he refused to play LB in the CL final, the man is well aware of his limitations and though this match is less significant in the title race than initially anticipated, his inclusion as a starting CB will only be detriment to the team. He lacks the tactical nous to slot at CB (as Barcetia pointed). His positioning can be a suspect, not the brightest in terms of reading the game and not very assuring on the ball either. And you can't 've such deficiencies in a high-line defence like ours.

Its Fontas time. I know he is young and inexperienced. But a safe bet when looking at all the options available. He's a natural CB, knows how our defence operates, and you can always expect 100% from a canterano in a match against the arch-rivals. Not to forget he would give C.ronaldo an inferiority complex. :p

Maybe it is.. but Fontas is a similar CB to Pique, good with the ball but not with good pace. If what we need is someone more Puyol-ish.. then it should be Marc Bartra.

Home of Barca Fans