14 - Javier Mascherano

mixer

Mascherano just said that at Barca he feels most comfortable playing as CB.

Mascherano: "Argentina shouldn't try to copy Barça. There's no time for that, they have been working this way for years."
Mascherano: "Guardiola is the coach who most marked me during my career. He has many things from Bielsa, who's sure skilled to coach Barça."
Mascherano: "At Barcelona, I want to continue to play as centre back, it's where I feel most comfortable."

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Puyol, Mascherano, Pique + Bartra/Muniesa. Also, Busquets can cover there.
Don't know what's big rush about signing a CB.

Henry_IB

Banned
Puyol, Mascherano, Pique + Bartra/Muniesa. Also, Busquets can cover there.
Don't know what's big rush about signing a CB.

Puyol is not getting any younger and there is a big chance he'll be injured again this season given how it has been recently. Pique was dreadful last season and could very well be this season as well.

Mascherano is great. The times Busquets played there I thought he did very poorly, not to mention at the moment he is our only defensive midfielder apart from JDS who is way below busi's level. Thiago could play busi's roll but it would still be subpar. Muniesa and Barta are unproven and although very talented, still some distance away to being on the same level as puyol and an in form pique.

We can cope without another CB, especially if we sign Javi Martinez who can play both defensive midfielder and CB. But if we wanna rely on Muniesa and Barta, who have 4 and 8 apparences for us respectively so far and are largely unproven, don't expect us to have a realistic chance of competeting for CL and la liga.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
It will be a very long season . Form is not permanent . There is also injury risk. Way too much uncertainty with Muniesa and Bartra.

But if Tito decides to play a 3 man back-line then automatically our options will increase . But then we have to see if Alba can cover as both full back and Left side . But I think it will be more like Puyol/ Mascerano alternatives that will take place .

Dani----Pique---Puyol/Mascherano----Alba

King Leo

Banned
I don't know why we are rushing to sign a CB. We can wait if no good deal is present at the moment. Meanwhile we can play Mascherano during the Liga games and save whatever left of Puyol's fitness for the big matches.

mixer

Barcelona centre back Mascherano (28) will sign a contract renewal, including a payrise, until 2016. Current contract until 2014. [catradio]

barcastuff

abual3bed1

603484_421984451187713_173987136_n.jpg

look at that arm

Home of Barca Fans