16 - Fermín López

Rory

Both he and Pedri can be useful players for us. Do find it interesting how Barca fans react to the comparison though.

Stating Pedri is far superior for example. Feel like Real Madrid have the success they have because they just choose the more effective player. That’s Fermin at the moment.

What’s more superior than a 20 year old mostly playing cm scoring 10 goals in all comps? Some injury prone low goals and assists midfielder who does the odd nice flick here and there? Fermin averages a goal every 160 mins so more than 1 every 2 games technically. He’s our most exciting player after Yamal

serghei

It is obvious Fermin has been better this season. Next year, we shall see if Fermin can build on this season, and if Pedri can work on his big fitness issues.

xXKonan

I consider both different profiles.

Fermin while not as technically gifted is more attack-oriented and he also has been reliable injuries and fitness-wise this season.

ajnotkeith

Both he and Pedri can be useful players for us. Do find it interesting how Barca fans react to the comparison though.

Stating Pedri is far superior for example. Feel like Real Madrid have the success they have because they just choose the more effective player. That’s Fermin at the moment.

What’s more superior than a 20 year old mostly playing cm scoring 10 goals in all comps? Some injury prone low goals and assists midfielder who does the odd nice flick here and there? Fermin averages a goal every 160 mins so more than 1 every 2 games technically. He’s our most exciting player after Yamal
I don't think Fermin will be so effective in the long term though. He seems like he has some clear weaknesses that can be adapted to.

serghei

I consider both different profiles.

Fermin while not as technically gifted is more attack-oriented and he also has been reliable injuries and fitness-wise this season.

Even technique is a complicated subject. There's technique in first touch, but also shooting technique, heading technique and so on. I believe Fermin is a better finisher than Pedri, so his technique of shooting the ball and heading the ball is better for me.

JohnN

What seems possible, judging from this season, is that Fermin can be part of the squad, at least as a good attacking sub. He constantly makes good lateral moves, presses well and has a good shot and header. I like his different profile compared to our usual mids.

Home of Barca Fans