Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

FC B

So far so good but need to see him vs. tough teams first, those who are physical, fast and intesive.

Devils

This guy is absolute trash lol.

Only Xavi could possibly see this is a good idea in the same way he saw Roberto's renewal, Alonso signing/renewal/, Bellerin signing etc...

JamDav1982

As slow as Busquets was and far worse on the ball.

Cant cope at all with movement around him.

Can file this one with Xavis love of Alonso, Azpi, Roberto, Bellerin etc.

Another over rated Spanish player by Xavi and paying the price for it.

vuji_31

Didn't see him as bad as you.

Roberto and Alonso where much more trash.
Lewa also, Christensen also...

Devils

I mean how can anyone be surprised? lol

This cat was a benchwarmer/loanee at Chelsea, spent majority of his career at Southampton, went to Girona and then Barca signed him at the age of 31 as starter.

This is like a tragic comedy. Only under Xavi's nonsense could a player like Oreo become a starter at Barca at the age of 31.

kush

I was saying this from the beginning that barca needed to get another mid. This cheap signing is fine for depth but not starting every game for a team wanting to win CL. With Pedri injured and the box midfield...they had basically no mid subs this game.

Is there any deep lying mids available via loan?

JamDav1982

I was saying this from the beginning that barca needed to get another mid. This cheap signing is fine for depth but not starting every game for a team wanting to win CL. With Pedri injured and the box midfield...they had basically no mid subs this game.

Is there any deep lying mids available via loan?

There will be options but I swear Xavi at times thinks football is a secret potion that only Spanish players fully understand.

By all accounts he pushed for Romeu and Parejo once could not get Zubimendi.

Reactions: BJJ

xXKonan

Parejo looks washed up these days and I'm glad we didn't get him.

But Romeu has the same problem, about as basic as one gets but the mobility of a dump truck. He's always been far too slow and not mobile enough throughout his whole career and did fine for much smaller teams like Southampton and Girona as a starter but for a team like ours, he's way off it.

Need to expand our horizons than just Spain for certain positions like the Pivot spot.

Home of Barca Fans