Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

Horatio

You're welcome
Did try to pick out smart through passes. Got close a few times. Tough with 5 man defense though.
Thought he looked ok.

khaled_a_d

He is mediocre tbh. Not a problem so far but not stand out either.
If he can survive against top teams, he is ok stop gap

Co0ter

He is mediocre tbh. Not a problem so far but not stand out either.
If he can survive against top teams, he is ok stop gap
He is brand new and playing a defensive role in a team that is an absolute DISASTER going forward. No plan, no tactics. Just an absolute fucking disaster. He's playing very well considering his coach is clueless. If our midfield was organized and our forwards were a cohesive unit, as a DM, he would actually have options when on the ball. Instead, there are no triangles. Wingers out wide fingering their buttholes standing near the sideline. Minimal movement into spaces and a CF that is isolated all game and has no ability at all what so ever to drop back and get involved.

Disorganized and trash squad planning. He spent a ton of money on players and doesn't even play them to their strengths or had any idea on how they were going to play together. Xavi has no clue what he's doing. He got lucky last season with an unmotivated Madrid that had its worst season in a decade and an AM that is somehow more broke than we are.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

The curious case of Jefferson Lerma. Available for free at the start of the window and better, younger and cheaper than all the Busi replacements we went after.

Big L for the sporting department. This draconian idea that our CDM has to be cultured and able to fart out a 50 yard crossfield ball is killing us.

behindbrowneyes

Can't complain so far. Let's see how he does against more attacking teams, which was Busquets' biggest weakness.

What kind of story would that be, if he succeeds at his youth club on his 'old days'. Thought he'd be still younger though and not turning 32 in September already.

Many see him as stop gap because Barca can't afford someone better. Let's hope he proves all of them wrong.

ajnotkeith

I think he is doing worse than is apparent to the eye.
Since he came in we have been playing even more awfully than before and consistently awful. I know it's a simple way of looking at things but our lineup hasn't substantially changed except for him (and no Dembele, but Dembele was injured for a long period before this).

It doesn't mean it's his fault, but he is not doing great either.

jamrock

We'll busquets was a critical part of how our play flowed and he's obviously no busquets, so that's is expected.

Just a matter of finding new solutions.

I like the FJD---Gundogan double pivot for the bigger games.

JamDav1982

Felt like Getafe left him on the ball on Sunday really.

More and more teams will do that if not enough quality coming from him.

Decent enough but Pedri or Gundo be better there.. Pedri for me as has great range of passing and Gundo better in final third but Gundo played there plenty in past.

Home of Barca Fans