19 - Lamine Yamal

Messi983

1 more great performance from Yamal should seal the best player of the tournament

GRzQ8yxXwAI-HVB

Where is own goal????

Also, what has Jude done to be so high, lol? Not to even talk about Maskbappe.

Maradona37

Bellingham being shorter than the likes of Xhaka, Gakpo and Ruiz sums up the insane hype around him. Mbappe shouldn't even be on the list. I assume they're there as they're still active in the tournament so could do something big in the semis and/or final.

Maradona37

Might as well not watch anymore of the Euro. It's already signed that Lamine scores the winning goal in the final.
How beautiful a story would that be though? For Yamal to make history as the youngest ever scorer at the European Championship, and with the winning goal in the final.

Only way it could be better is if it comes in the 90th minute at 3-3 after a thriller. And it's a Messi against Getafe type goal.

This scenario will never happen, but it is fun to dream.

companyofcules

Ronaldinho did not look boring at 16 compared to Messi. Stop.

But overall I agree with you.

Messi at every age has been better than any other player.
Ronaldinho was no dribbler in the clasical sense, in tight spaces he tended to hog the ball for the opposite player to make a wrong move for his dexterity to work. Between the fabulous touches and flicks it was not all that exciting. Now that worked fine but not in all games and after he lost his fitness was really-really slow to get the ball running.

Messi was just a fucking machine, you dropped him in the middle of the clusterfuck, he found a way to pass the opposition in control or if not he will get mauled making your heart stop for a second seeing that young lad getting mauled by grown ups. You left him in the middle of the pitch, he was straight running towards the goal. I was not that young and I never saw someone like him. It was like a cartoon from the 60' :)) So it was very fun to watch. But I think it depends on what you like, if you like flicks and feints, nice executions, Ronaldinho was way more spectacular. But I like total football and Messi was like the meme or the reincarnation of that concept.

companyofcules

What are you talking about?
My opinion from his La Masia days was that he had a great refined shot, great ability to protect the ball in the box. Can't find proper stats on the spot but

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Ronaldinho was no dribbler in the clasical sense, in tight spaces he tended to hog the ball for the opposite player to make a wrong move for his dexterity to work. Between the fabulous touches and flicks it was not all that exciting. Now that worked fine but not in all games and after he lost his fitness was really-really slow to get the ball running.

Messi was just a fucking machine, you dropped him in the middle of the clusterfuck, he found a way to pass the opposition in control or if not he will get mauled making your heart stop for a second seeing that young lad getting mauled by grown ups. You left him in the middle of the pitch, he was straight running towards the goal. I was not that young and I never saw someone like him. It was like a cartoon from the 60' :)) So it was very fun to watch. But I think it depends on what you like, if you like flicks and feints, nice executions, Ronaldinho was way more spectacular. But I like total football and Messi was like the meme or the reincarnation of that concept.

I used to have a Doberman, Leo reminded me of this breed as a 16 year old - relentless, you never wanted to have him coming at you dribbling. Many footballers look to provoke attacks, Messi was a relentless assassin - wound up like a top and let loose.

Never seen anything remotely close to it much less with the consistency or lethality of Leo. No chance we see it again in our lifetime

Home of Barca Fans