19 - Lamine Yamal

Porque

I think the key point is that after losing Mbappe, that PSG will be looking to replace him with an equal future crack.

They had Neymar and then Mbappe. While they missed out on Endrick who has potential to that void.

So would not surprise me if they bid make a sizeable offer for Lamine.

We obviously can't sell him because we can't replace his potential. But if we did sell him, I'd hope we learned from Neymar and go for LaLiga players with buyout clauses, instead of overseas options where we will be extorted.

Zubimendi, Kubo and Nico would all come to less than 200m for example (around 150m more or less).

Rory

And yet when people say the squad is not that good everyone is outraged :lol:.
Hilarious you can't see this is more indicative of Xavi having no idea what he's doing as opposed to our squad being crap. Raphinha has been injured often, or do injured players not count as a squad player? If so check out Real Madrid's squad this year.

Also no one is outraged, I've asked you to analyse squads you say are better in comparison to ours and you don't bother to reply lmao.

khaled_a_d

Rumours is denied, and it was that we rejected deal. It was too good to be true.

We obviously can't sell him because we can't replace his potential. But if we did sell him, I'd hope we learned from Neymar and go for LaLiga players with buyout clauses, instead of overseas options where we will be extorted.

Zubimendi, Kubo and Nico would all come to less than 200m for example (around 150m more or less).

We can't sell him because of politics, same reason we allegedly didn't sell Fati.
Club ego can't handle turning into a sellong club like we were in 20th century.
But I've no doubt in my mind he should be sold if we touch anything above 150M.

Also, we won't be able to use all that money, it will cover previous loses and allow us to go 1 for 1.
We are already getting a proper replacement in I. Diara and Messinho wants to come here (videos makes him look better potential than Lamine, stats and playing time disagree though).

I'd sell him for like 5 - 10 bill maybe, the only way I wouldn't feel bad about it but aside from that we have plenty of players we can sell to make some cash (albiet not as much). I'm not selling a 16 year old who is basically guaranteed a balon dor before he's done playing once he doesn't get injured unless we get enough money that not there aren't enough coutinhos/dembeles available to screw it up for us.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Sell a potential generational talent for 200 million? What is this that I'm hearing?

Would you have sold Xavi, Iniesta or Messi? What happened to cherishing our homegrown talents. This kid is one of our own, that is priceless. You don't sell these type of players. We'd be putting a price on the soul of the club.

Xtroverto

Sell a potential generational talent for 200 million? What is this that I'm hearing?

Would you have sold Xavi, Iniesta or Messi? What happened to cherishing our homegrown talents. This kid is one of our own, that is priceless. You don't sell these type of players. We'd be putting a price on the soul of the club.
FC barcelona did not have a problem called FFP back then. Also, all three of them had their buyout clause met and still refused to sign for another club, well Xavi required some convincing from his mom first but still. Remember Real Madrid tried 4 times to sign Messi, they even offered to arrange for his legal troubles with the Spanish IRS to go away if he signed with them.

People seems to forget that the club must lower their spending on player salaries down to 200 million somehow? Good look doing that without selling half the squad and only sign 3rd rate la Liga players on most positions.

The harsh reality is FC Barcelona can't afford to keep Yamal or any of the other potential future stars simply because they can't afford to pay their wages.

jamrock

Yep let's sell him if we get 200m
FC barcelona did not have a problem called FFP back then. Also, all three of them had their buyout clause met and still refused to sign for another club, well Xavi required some convincing from his mom first but still. Remember Real Madrid tried 4 times to sign Messi, they even offered to arrange for his legal troubles with the Spanish IRS to go away if he signed with them.

People seems to forget that the club must lower their spending on player salaries down to 200 million somehow? Good look doing that without selling half the squad and only sign 3rd rate la Liga players on most positions.

The harsh reality is FC Barcelona can't afford to keep Yamal or any of the other potential future stars simply because they can't afford to pay their wages.
We don't have to lower our salary down to 200m, you just don't understand the salary limit rule.

We won't sell yamal nor will be nor should we.

Unless it's for 400m

Truly ridiculous money

Xtroverto

Yep let's sell him if we get 200m

We don't have to lower our salary down to 200m, you just don't understand the salary limit rule.

We won't sell yamal nor will be nor should we.

Unless it's for 400m

Truly ridiculous money
I'm sure you are the expert and the people that run La Liga don't know what they are doing.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
La Liga's salary cap rules are more complex than that. Our salary cap have been around that level for the last couple of years yet we're still spending almost double that so no we don't need to sell our best young players.

If we ever get to the point where the club becomes a poor man's Borussia Dortmund and have to sell all their best young talents to function as a football club you bet the club will be converted to a S.A.D. and open up for investors with the socio model going away.

jamrock

Selling our best players, would be the absolute worst thing we can do, we are going through a rough time and even then have manage to put a very competent squad together, we'll get to the other side with a core of 4-5 excellent players that be bought for 60-70 max, maybe even 6 players.

Balde
Cubarsi
Araujo
Yamal
Gavi
Rogue
Pedri Injuries permitting.

Add a couple of top class to word class players to fill out that XI, and we are cooking.

If we sell anyone for cash it should be
Raphinha
Kounde
De Jong.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It doesn't even make much sense imo.

How are you going to be more competitive and improve your financial situation if you sell your best players/talents, whom you definitely won't be able to properly replace in this transfer market, which will 100% affect our team and make us play even more dogshit than we're currently doing potentially losing us even more money if we do worse in CL and La Liga.

Now maybe if we had a track record of competency when it came to recruitment you could consider such an idea, but sadly nothing over the last few years in the transfer market screams high grade of competence at Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans