19 - Lamine Yamal

Gnidrologist

Listen, when Messi really emerged we were at one of our lowest points. I need to see more grit and passion in this kid before hail him as successor to Messi.

To be clear he is good as he is. This was not meant to be a critique.
It was quite obvious that in that Spain-Brazil match he was way more incitive/active/aggressive and he was given more room and freedom. He was absolutely dominant the whole match whenever ball came to his wing and it came a lot. It's almost as if De Lafuente gave him total freedom that Xavi does not, because he's more subdued here and have never had such performance even though we all know has potential to do.

Xtroverto

The way things are going this kid will be finished as a professional footballer before he turn 20. He is still growing and is playing way more than he should, injuries will destroy his career before it even has started. History is full of wonder kids who started playing professional football way to early before their physique was fully developed, Spain alone has several examples.

iniestaGOAT

The way things are going this kid will be finished as a professional footballer before he turn 20. He is still growing and is playing way more than he should, injuries will destroy his career before it even has started. History is full of wonder kids who started playing professional football way to early before their physique was fully developed, Spain alone has several examples.

Quit your whining
That's not how things work.

Porque

His playing time is fine. Of course a bad injury can end things like Kerlon, Pato or Ansu, but you have the chance of that with any young player.

Only key detail is for him to play just one summer tournament and not two. We saw how much that effected Pedri.

Although I think if you have the chance to play Euros and an Olympics, then few players would say no unfortunately.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
I believe I read sonwhere the players picked for Olympics would only be players that didn't have a prominent role in Euros.

Yamal will most likely be a starter in Euros. Cubarsi maybe more of a bench player than starter at this point so he probably plays Olympics.

Xtroverto

His playing time is fine. Of course a bad injury can end things like Kerlon, Pato or Ansu, but you have the chance of that with any young player.

Only key detail is for him to play just one summer tournament and not two. We saw how much that effected Pedri.

Although I think if you have the chance to play Euros and an Olympics, then few players would say no unfortunately.
The real risque is he will turn into Spains answer to Jack Wilshere

Iniesta Ultra

I believe I read sonwhere the players picked for Olympics would only be players that didn't have a prominent role in Euros.

Yamal will most likely be a starter in Euros. Cubarsi maybe more of a bench player than starter at this point so he probably plays Olympics.

Who's better than Cubarsi in Spain rn?

Andresito

Staff member
Who's better than Cubarsi in Spain rn?
According to me, not many. But NTs are always tricky. Maybe he wants to opt for players who have actually started a game. There are no more friendlies ahead of Euros. But we'll see, if he plays like this he'll be tough to keep on the bench.

serghei

Smart. Time for the kids to think long term. A career from their age lasts 15 years, not 2-3 to rush things.

Gnidrologist

Exactly. Nowadays Olympics allow few non-olympic-age players in the squad for every team, so he could always win it with Spain someday in the future, when he's already accomplished player. Helping Spain to win the major tournament, which Olympus is not, is way more better goal and way to prove himself.

Home of Barca Fans