19 - Lamine Yamal

iniestaGOAT

I think he is similar to Neymar but with less flair, but its also fair to say that he was better at Neymar at the same age.
Can we even say that Neymar's first season in La Liga at an older age has been better than Yamal this season? There were times when he took over games especially when Messi was out for parts of the first half of that season but he was shaky and definitely getting used to it whereas I think everyone can comfortably say Yamal has been our best attacker for months now and arguably our best player overall given whatever the hell is going on with Araujo and our backline rn, again at a younger age than any of our young promising attackers have done this since atleast what 2003? (Only became a fan back then)

On another note, I hope they really start using him as a super sub when we really need him. He has best player in the world at 21/22 potential if we can keep him healthy and motivated.

It's easy to be the best attacked when the rest of it is pure garbage.
Neymar was with Messi and Suarez.

It's easy to be the best attacked when the rest of it is pure garbage.
Neymar was with Messi and Suarez.
Suarez wasnt there his first year (plus was suspended for the first half of Neymar's second season). I'll give you Messi.

But the point isn't that he's just the best player among garbage, Neymar was 21 years old in that first season in La Liga / Europe and its not unfair to say that Yamal in this 16 year old season is playing just about as well as Neymar was then. We'll see how it ends up as Neymar had 15 goals in total that season but its pretty likely he grabs what 3-5 more before the season is over?

EDIT: 3-5 more goals for yamal giving him 10ish in total at 16 not 3-5 more than Neymar

KingLeo10

Suarez wasnt there his first year (plus was suspended for the first half of Neymar's second season). I'll give you Messi.

But the point isn't that he's just the best player among garbage, Neymar was 21 years old in that first season in La Liga / Europe and its not unfair to say that Yamal in this 16 year old season is playing just about as well as Neymar was then. We'll see how it ends up as Neymar had 15 goals in total that season but its pretty likely he grabs what 3-5 more before the season is over?

EDIT: 3-5 more goals for yamal giving him 10ish in total at 16 not 3-5 more than Neymar
Nah Neymar in 13/14 was different level to Lamine (understandably so, he was 21).

Neymar in 13/14 was already a top 15-25 player in the world level. And then exploded to a top 5/top 3 player in the world in 14/15.

Skalman

Certainly he is one of a kind, if he capitalize on that or not that remains to be seen. name 3 other players that impressed you more at his age? i dare you?

Gnidrologist

Think the most impressive thing is that he makes things happen even in this completely disorganized team. Xavi being clueless bufoon , he still makes shit that changes games. It's sign of great player. Fact that he's still a lil teenager, while being the most intelligent and capable attacking player on the team, is mindblowing. This guy will be great.

KingHristo

He did great today in the first half especially, but I wish Xavi watched out for him more for his own sake (and our club's coz he's a great asset). He was spent from around 60-70th minute which at his age is understandable. We were very lucky with the penalty, tbh most of the refs woudn't call it. I just hope Xavi won't get him injured.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He has aspects to his game that remind me of both Leo & Ney and yes, he is only 16. The decision making at this age, only Leo can compare. His ceiling is impossible to project but no question predicated on his ambition. Leo is a natural & driven. Ney too is a natural but lazy. Remains to be seen what Lamine is or if he will suffer physical breakdown like Ansu?

What I have seen of him over last 2-3 years, he looks a special talent with a left foot that could define an era but leap to the next level is where we see what he is made of. I think he has it to be a club legend

malvolio

Biggest breakthrough and turn around of this season. Was kind of sure he went into a permanent dip in form after the initial honeymoon period. But he hit new heights lately.

Getting better and better. And doesn't look like a one trick pony(like Ansu Fati).

OVI9323

Only one that allow me to support this abysimal level we're playing lately... Such a joy to watch him play.
Don't know how it will be in the next years, but really enjoy what i'm seing at the moment

Temptation

He has aspects to his game that remind me of both Leo & Ney and yes, he is only 16. The decision making at this age, only Leo can compare. His ceiling is impossible to project but no question predicated on his ambition. Leo is a natural & driven. Ney too is a natural but lazy. Remains to be seen what Lamine is or if he will suffer physical breakdown like Ansu?

What I have seen of him over last 2-3 years, he looks a special talent with a left foot that could define an era but leap to the next level is where we see what he is made of. I think he has it to be a club legend
Rooney at 16 was even better IIRC.

Gnidrologist

The guy is carrying this team in harsh times at tender age. Not even Messi has that to his credentials. Hopefully he builds on this and doesn't stale. Even at his current level he's already a gem. We're so lucky with these young prospects.

Home of Barca Fans