Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

La Liga is such a pathetic league. I don't know what is more odious, the constant strench of Madrid corruption, a league where the refs, president and decision makers are all Madrid fans, or the fact that everyone just carelessly and cowardly accepts it.

Then you add in the spectacle of watching players hit the ball at a defenders chest, knowing it has not gone anywhere near a hand, but still surrounding the referee crying that it's a clear handball, whilst the fans start chanting fuera fuera convinced they have been hard done by.

I can't think of any other league where you have the most ridiculous claims by players and fans. Clear throw ins, fouls, offsides and cards are all ridiculously contested.

Honestly, this dead league just needs putting in the dust. They ain't never making up the ground on the EPL, and given the puke inducing product they put on display, rightly so.

Messi983

wp4440402.jpg

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Seems like a hardworking and likable player. Scored just a couple of minutes after being subbed on in his two last matches. Red card better be revoked. I never liked that Munuera guy, one of the worst refs in the league which is quite the feat considering there’s many to pick from.

Neeraj

Atrocious red card. Poor kid has learnt how poor La Liga refs are very quickly.

Haven't seen that much from him technically that seems very impressive so far tbh. Got a couple of neat strikers goals, but not too excited by his first touch or ball control so far, not to mention dribbling ability, which I didn't expect from him anyway. Of course his movement seems good and he seems lively compared to the immobile 9 we have right now and the fact that he's young, it's expected of him to give 100%.

He's still young and I don't think we have that much to lose in most of the La Liga games this season - we should give him as much time as possible to develop and get up to speed. Given that Xavi is leaving, there's 0 reason he should be scared of dropping Lewandowski more often, but let's see.

JamDav1982

Like the way he gets stuck in.. as long as it comes with quality on the ball.

The last couple games something has changed and the players are definitely more aggressive and more demonstrative with the opposition and their own team mates.

I think Xavi has said to Araujo, FDJ, Gundo, Lewa etc they have to be more vocal in both directions and have a bit of edge with opposition so younger players cant be bullied and get encouraged.

There has been a nervous/anxious energy in team too often in past couple months and seem to be trying to channel that into a bit more agression rather than trepidation on the ball.

Alaves were in good form. Not an easy place to go and Barca had poor moments but they took on the crowd, referee and opposition on the front foot and didnt shy aay from it which is least want to see. Barca losing at a whimper cant happen. Can win, lose or draw but have to fight for it and show bravery.

JamDav1982

On another note.. let the whole new Camp Nou celebrate like this when he scores v Real Madrid.

Cringy beyond belief but that is the beauty of it.. how much it pisses others off.

JamDav1982

The way he talks about him he is trying to talk Xavi into keeping it a front two rather than lose his place.

I think genuinely playing with another striker would suit him at this stage though so he isnt wrong but it is more about him than good of team where he is concerned.

Home of Barca Fans